PDA

View Full Version : Qantas April Courses 2005

Trigger Happy
14th Mar 2005, 06:40
Anybody heard or been given a start date in April yet?
I assume similar sized courses are being planned for April/May.
Any news would be much appreciated and good luck to those still waiting. :ok:

Listening Watch
14th Mar 2005, 07:02
Had ref checks done mid feb.

Got a call today requesting an update form be sent in. Hoping for a call soon.

152passenger
14th Mar 2005, 20:15
Hi all
No call yet but hoping for call soon.
Reference checks done last week
Updated at beggining of march

Good luck to all

Transition Layer
14th Mar 2005, 22:05
Had sim/interview/medical just last week and was told in the interview that courses up to June are filled up already, and that April/May will have around 20 people on each.

Best of luck for everyone!

TL

Trigger Happy
16th Mar 2005, 02:21
Has anyone heard if the April Courses have been approved yet? If they havn't, it won't be far away!
152passenger, heard anything?
Must be getting restless being sooo close!!
Wonder how many are in the same boat as you....
Best O Luck! :ok:

Trigger Happy
18th Mar 2005, 00:48
C'mon somebody has to know something! Even a whisper.....
Cheers ;)

A/F Armed
23rd Mar 2005, 07:09
Got the call, start on the 5th of April. Nice!

C-FTR
23rd Mar 2005, 07:21
Congrats A/F armed I'll see you down there, got a start on the 4th...
Best of luck to those still on the hold file, things are moving so it should be just a matter of time...

Listening Watch
23rd Mar 2005, 07:58
Got a 5th April Start date tonight.

Good luck to all. :ok:

LW

152passenger
23rd Mar 2005, 23:57
Got start april 5th
Good luck to all
and thanks everyone that helped along the way

low roller
24th Mar 2005, 00:16
Got the start date yesterday!
5th of April
See you all there!

LR

BlekDuck
24th Mar 2005, 02:10
To those with an April start

When did you guys do stage 3 sim/med/panel??

Wanikiba_pilot
24th Mar 2005, 03:28
Hi all,

Got the call today. Start on 4th of April.

I can't tell you how often I checked this message board waiting to see if anyone had heard anything. To those of you who are still waiting, I know how it feels, and I wish you all the best of luck, just keep in mind, they havent said no; remember, no news is good news.

For info: SYD base, AC type TBA.
Psych in Aug04, interview and sim (and med) in Sept04, update and med update Jan05, OPG and background checks in early Feb05.

Got two calls today, first one asking how much notice I would need to give my current job. Second call 10 minutes later saying I had the job.

Absolutely stoked. Thanks to all who provided info and posted their experiences etc. See you all there.

WP

removalist
24th Mar 2005, 08:12
My personal quess would be that this month mirrors last month. 4 on monday A330 and 12(or so) on tuesday B744. I could be wrong though. Apparently they want to get alot of 744 training out of the way before they shut a sim in september.

Congrats to all those starting your going to love it!!

Victor India
2nd Apr 2005, 06:01
Anyone had reference checks done yet for the next intakes (ie after the 4th/5th of April courses)?

For those who have start dates (if you're still reading) - how soon before the job offer did the reference checks occur?

C-FTR
2nd Apr 2005, 08:45
VI,
2 days after reference checks were done a call came with an offer. Best of Luck.
C-FTR

Victor India
2nd Apr 2005, 08:52
C-FTR,

Thanks for the advice. Good luck with the Monday start!

VI

Listening Watch
4th Apr 2005, 11:13
6 weeks after ref checks is when i received my call. I had to send in a 2 page update 1 week before the call.

kmagyoyo
5th Apr 2005, 00:19
Congrats to all!

My Boss just had the call from Q so guess thats my ref checks underway. Any updates on the rumour of Singapore basings for new hires???

Cheers.

OBNO
5th Apr 2005, 07:29
Kyma Why don't you ring Qantas and ask them what the conditions and time frame of the proposed Singapore Basings will be! A reasonable question I am sure!

Trigger Happy
5th Apr 2005, 07:30
kmagyoyo, congrats on being ref checked, a positive sign.
Rumour has it that QF will almost certainly have a limited crew base in Singapore in the near future. It's a little premature to expect it to effect TS/O's in May/Jun/Jul courses or even this year.
When it happens, it would only be for a few years, and a bit of culture never hurt anyone.
I'm guessing that some sort of relocation assistance will be part of the package. :\ For a limited time only!!!!!!!!
Good luck to all those awaiting "The Call" :ok:

Victor India
5th Apr 2005, 10:07
All,

Just had reference checks completed.

C-FTR/Listening Watch etc - any news re : aircraft types/numbers starting on Monday/Tuesday this week??

VI ;)

Transition Layer
5th Apr 2005, 10:37
G'day all,

VI did you do the sim/interview/med this year or end of last year?

Has anyone who did "the stuff" this year heard anything?

My story:
- Pysch and skills early Feb
- Sim/interview/med early Mar
- Was told will hear in 3-4 weeks
- Phone call yesterday asking for me to submit 2 pg update and my new ME CIR (did renewal end of March).
- Told me my file was being reviewed, will hear inside 2 weeks

I know of at least one other who did it around my time who has been asked to submit a full 9pg application again. He will also hear within 2 weeks.

Any other similar stories? Lets try and keep this thread going as it seems most of the guys who started the "Qantas Calls" thread have got start dates.

Fingers crossed and good luck to all!

TL

Victor India
5th Apr 2005, 13:48
Transition Layer,

Did initial testing early in December 2004 and Sim/Interview/Medical in January 2005. Background checks and dental xray etc all done prior to reference checks.

Agree with keeping the info flowing about progress of our apps (gotta have something to read as we chew our nails!!). Probably a new thread entitled "Qantas May Courses 2005" will be appropriate shortly??

Victor India :D

Transition Layer
6th Apr 2005, 10:59
Well, just to update the post above...

Received the letter today with forms for security checks and OPG. Asking me to update after April 2005 for progression to next stage.

Now let the waiting begin! :D

A very relieved TL :ok:

BlekDuck
7th Apr 2005, 03:26
A question to those who have been successful at the stage 3 panel interview and been offered a position.

How did you panel interview go?
When you finished it, how did you feel you went?

I had mine a week ago. Walked out with my tail between my a*rse.

Just interested to hear how others went

Trigger Happy
7th Apr 2005, 03:51
BlekDuck,
Did you have the good cop, bad cop routine??
Not too sure if that style of interviewing is still happening but thankfully I had what felt like a pretty easy going yet formal style of interview. Walked out feelin reasonably good!
Could you answer the majority of the questions to a good standard? Were they listening to what you had to say? Did the conversation flow during the break? Did you nail ALL the questions you SHOULD know?
Go on your gut feelings.

All the best. :)

RPPT
7th Apr 2005, 05:17
16 TSO's started this week (first week in Apr) - 12 to the 744 and 4 to the A330.

Listening Watch
10th Apr 2005, 06:21
For those on Active consideration, Qantas expects to employ 100 pilots every year for the next 3 years. Gearing up for A330 & A380 deliveries plus a current high demand for SO's on the B744 before one of our sims goes offline in september.

Trigger Happy has smacked the Singapore basing issue on the head for new TSO's. It would be an awesome experience, harder obviously for those with families.

Ref checks should normally be done after Stage 4.

Hope this info will keep you all smiling.

LW :ok:

Victor India
19th Apr 2005, 13:24
All,

A new thread regarding Qantas starters has been started at

D&G Questions : QANTAS : THE NEXT ROUND

Happy reading :D