PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Rating Validity

Start1
14th Mar 2005, 02:31
Hi all,

I have a chance to go to Australia for a period of months working and flying and am hoping to get my Ozzy IR while I am there.

My question is, and apologies if this has been asked before, if I get an Australian multi-engine command instrument rating..(valid for 12 months) and want to convert it back to JAR IR when I get home does the IR have to be in validity in order to do the reduced 15 hr IR program?? I can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks in advance

Start1.:ok: :

Tinstaafl
14th Mar 2005, 03:49
If the rules say '...hold or have held an ICAO Ir...' etc then letting the Oz IR lapse shouldn't be a problem.

If the rules say '...hold an ICAO IR...) etc then letting the rating lapse will be a problem. One year after the IR flight test you no longer hold an Oz IR. The rating must first be held to be valid.

W.r.t. the reduced training requirement for JAR, I'm not sure if it applies to an IR (at PPL or CPL level) or only for converting an ICAO ATPL to a JAR ATPL.

Stan Evil
14th Mar 2005, 05:40
It's all in LASORS available on the CAA web site. Look in the Instrument Rating Section.

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=1591