PDA

View Full Version : Prep assistance for DHC8-300 groundschool?

medflyer
12th Mar 2005, 17:43
I have a Dash 8-300 groundschool coming up, and have been given very little prep information prior to starting class. As I am only coming off a King Air it would be nice to learn a bit more about the systems of the Dash--does anyone have a website link or other info that would help with this?

Tried Google search but not much specialized info out there or so it would seem.

JA841B
13th Mar 2005, 06:31
Hi medflyer, don`t be worried about the Dash. The A/C and systems might look complex but are way easier than in a King Air. I`ve been flying King Air 350 for 2 years and compared to that plane I really like the Dash.

BE350
13th Mar 2005, 11:26
You'll have no problem. I flew the BE350 for a year or so then into a DASH 8.. Was a breeze! The canuks call the stuff by different names, but it does the same thing.

Best of luck!
BE350

medflyer
13th Mar 2005, 21:09
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to it! Just wondering if you could explain the feature of "Engine ECU" and the associated modes on the engine panel's selector switch: TOP, MCP, MCL, MCR?

dv8
14th Mar 2005, 08:47
If I recall correctly on the Q300 a/c we had the ECU rotary knob stays in TOP Take Off Power all the time because it doesn't have TQ bugs
If your a/c (Q200) has bugs then you set it to MCL for Max Climb and MCR for Max Cruise. MCP is available for Max Cont Power