PDA

View Full Version : Air Force ground crew the most intelligent

PICKS135
12th Mar 2005, 16:24
A Proven Fact...

Of the sister Services, the Air Force has the most intelligent enlisted members! This is no theory;
it's actually been proven:

Take the Army. When the s--- hits the fan, the young Army private wakes up to the bellowing of his
First Sergeant. He grabs his BDUs out of his foot locker, dresses, runs to the chow-hall for
breakfast on the fly, then jumps in his tank. Pretty soon, the Platoon Commander arrives, gives him
a big salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, soldier!"

Now take the Navy. When the s--- hits the fan, the young Sailor is eating breakfast in the mess. He
hustles the 20 feet to his battle station, stuffing extra pastries in his pocket as he goes. There he
sits, in the middle of a steel target, with nowhere to run, when the Captain comes on the 1MC and
says, "Give 'em Hell, Sailors! I salute you!"

Now take the Marines. When the s--- hits the fan, the young Marine is kicked out of bed by his First
Sergeant and puts on the muddy set of BDUs he was wearing on the field exercise he was part of
three hours earlier. He gets no breakfast, but is told to feel free to chew on his boots. He runs out
and forms up with his rifle. Pretty soon, his platoon commander comes out, gives the Marine a
sharp salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, Marine!"

Now the Air Force. When the s--- hits the fan, the Airman receives a phone call at his off-base
quarters. He gets up, showers, shaves, and puts on the fresh uniform he picked up from the BX
cleaners the day before. He jumps in his car and cruises through the McDonalds Drive-Thru for an
Egg McMuffin and Coca-Cola on his way into work. Once at work, he signs in on the duty roster. He
proceeds to his F-15, spends 30 minutes pre-flighting it, and signs off the forms. Pretty soon the
pilot, a young captain arrives, straps into the jet, and starts the engines. Our young Airman stands
at attention, gives the aviator a sharp salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, Captain!"

KENNYR
12th Mar 2005, 16:32
Picks135, you are without doubt totally full of sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wishful thinking, no doubt.

Always_broken_in_wilts
12th Mar 2005, 16:38
Nice one Pick's, hooked a biggun in no time at all:p ........and the innacuracies in the post are what Ken:ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Training Risky
12th Mar 2005, 16:41
I have a hunch that picks has cut&pasted this from another site... so it may not be his own views!

Fg Off Bloggs
12th Mar 2005, 16:54
No Sh1t, Sherlock! Thank you for being a master of the bleeding obvious, Training Risky!

bluetail
12th Mar 2005, 17:56
I allways thought of it this way....................

ARMY ......Officers send the ERKS

NAVY.......Officers and ERKS in it together

AIR FORCE ...ERKS send the Officers

I was in the Air Force..........I had no problem with its methodoligy at all.

BT

Lafyar Cokov
12th Mar 2005, 17:56
Do young airmen still salute officers????

FJJP
12th Mar 2005, 18:58
Yeah, but it's the officers that get the tea [coffee?] and medals in the Air Force...

L1A2 discharged
12th Mar 2005, 19:20
LC, no they salute the badge, irrespective of what is carrying it. Some would get a salute from respect, but only some.

Always agreed that the RAF has it right: strap em in, send em away, reload if they come back, send em away until the stop coming back. :ok:

pikeyeng
12th Mar 2005, 20:10
:cool: all very nice but they still can't get the donks wound up without the enlisted scummer sat behind the co-pilot.

Wwyvern
12th Mar 2005, 21:03
Once, when on Hunters, I had to show some Army officers around.

I had difficulty with one who really did not want to look into the cockpit. However, eventually he peeked over the side and said, I kid not, "Where does your NCO sit?"

Always_broken_in_wilts
13th Mar 2005, 00:19
"all very nice but they still can't get the donks wound up without the enlisted scummer sat behind the co-pilot."...............bet for real they can, and just as well as the Eng school is now finished............ :p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Training Risky
13th Mar 2005, 00:20
Just trying to be helpful and diffuse some vitriolic banter...sheesh:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

insty66
13th Mar 2005, 07:59
PICKS
:) :) :) :) :)

Been saying it for years.
What an excellent bit of fishing:ok: :ok:

lineslime
13th Mar 2005, 08:10
So much for ARMY, be the best.

foldingwings
13th Mar 2005, 08:24
I always thought, and was taught, that a salute was not personal but was showing respect to and recognition of the Queen's commission, not to a badge of office. I may be wrong, however.

KENNYR
13th Mar 2005, 09:01
DAMN!!!! I bit, hook, line and sinker :O :D

Wwyvern
13th Mar 2005, 16:36
True story. Sqn Ldr wandering along one of the Station roads, not paying much attention. Flight Sergeant passing on the other side of the road, swept a magnificent salute, found it was not aknowledged, and called out, "I'm saluting you, sir!"

Sqn Ldr replied, "And so you should, Flight Sergeant."

circa 1960.

3 o'clock
14th Mar 2005, 05:01
Back in the late seventies navy enlisted men played a game with over enthusiastic Midshipmen. As the keen Mid approached – longing for his salute – the enlisted man would smartly bring his hand up, but pause at chin level. The Mid, already committed to the salute, completed it before the enlisted man. The sailor would then flick an apparent fly from his eye and complete the salute second …:D

Blacksheep
15th Mar 2005, 00:17
Grarned Crue? WTF is Grarned Crue? I thought that was somefink ta do wiv bottles o' plonk.

I were grarned crue once, cor blimey, lav-a-dack. Cheerful and chipper I were, as you'd hexpect of a proper grarned crue erk.

Then I became a civilian. We civilians don't do Haircraft Servicing, we perform Maintenance instead.
Beware of calling us chaps Ground Crew.
We're Maintenance.
Understand?

:hmm: :hmm: :rolleyes: