PDA

View Full Version : JetsGo Pilot Fund

I am Birddog
11th Mar 2005, 11:55
I would like to start a fund to aid all JetsGo pilots and their families especially those that just started.

I will be asking the Admin @ www.avcanada.ca to be the primary holder of the funds as donations come in.

Anyone have any thoughts on how best and efficient potential funds can be distributed?

IABD

MarkD
11th Mar 2005, 12:50
Posted on avcanada.com this morning for pilots affected:

The EI system works on a week to week basis. get your application in right now, today, friday. Otherwise your claim will not start until next friday. Don't worry about your record of employment, you have 10 days to get it in. Don't take any grief from the counter person, at the very least get your form date stamped by the receptionist. doesn't help much but not waiting the extra week will make your life easier...... To all of you who lost there jobs, i'm sorry. Mike the White should not be allowed to start another airline again, ever

CGTSN
11th Mar 2005, 15:19
What you should know about E.I :

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/ei/digest/table_of_contents.shtml

You can also apply online for the E.I :

http://www100.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/ae-ei/dem-app/english/home2.html

By law,your ex employer has 2 weeks to send you your Record of Employment at your home address.

I feel really sorry for all of you who have been affected by the closure of SG. :(
---------------------------

For some of you who are cabin crew,AC will conduct more interviews in the upcoming week :

More interview sessions for flight attendants.

In anticipation of the busy summer travel period, we’re looking for flight attendants
for our Toronto hub. We’re returning to Montreal and Toronto to interview applicants
for both permanent and temporary positions. In Montreal, interviews will be held at
the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 1255 Jeanne Mance on Sunday, March 6, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
and Monday, March 7, from 2 to 8 p.m. In Toronto, interviews will be held on March 19 and 20.

***COME AND MEET WITH US IN TORONTO***

AT THE HOLIDAY INN ON KING, 370 KING STREET WEST ON

SATURDAY MARCH 19TH FROM 10:00AM UNTIL 4:00PM

AND SUNDAY, MARCH 20TH FROM 10:00AM UNTIL 4:00PM

YOU MUST COME AND MEET OUR RECRUITING TEAM

DURING OUR INFORMATION SESSION

TO BE PART OF THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR FLIGHT ATTENDANT

---------
As for Air Transat, i have read this topic in an another forum where you can show up til 1500 today to get an interview slot :

http://www.flightattendants.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/102223/Main/102174/#Post102223

I also heard that Zoom Airlines will hire cabin crew for April and hopefully 767's pilots as well.Will try to get you more infos on that one and post it ASAP.

------------------
And if you are stuck somewhere out of your home base :

WestJet Assists Jetsgo Crews

MARCH 11, 2005 - 03:12:19 ET

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(CCNMatthews - March 11, 2005) - WestJet (TSX:WJA)
today announced that it is offering $35 standby fares (plus all
applicable taxes and fees) to stranded Jetsgo crews including flight
attendants, pilots and maintenance personnel. This standby fare will be
available until Sunday, March 13, 2005 at 12:01 a.m. MST.

Seats at this $35 standby fare are offered on a space-available basis.

To take advantage of this offer, Jetsgo crewmembers must phone WestJet's
call centre at 1-877-435-9952 (toll-free) or 444-2483 (in Calgary).

WestJet provides scheduled service to 33 North American cities and
charter service to 26 destinations in eight countries. The airline
operates a fleet of 56 aircraft featuring 38 Boeing Next-Generation 737
aircraft.

Willie Everlearn
11th Mar 2005, 16:12
You've got to be kidding.

Allow me to quote...

"Stupid is, as stupid does" - Forest Gump

:mad:

b767jetmec
11th Mar 2005, 17:20
So much for the $30,000 bond all Jetsgo pilots had to pay Leblanc to fly his crappy aircraft. Maybe this will be a lesson to all pilots...don`t pay for your seat!
And I`m sure Mikey White regrets what has just transpired. What a thieve, the guy should be locked up, but he`s probably in the Caymans reaping his reward. Rotten Bastard!

ac100
11th Mar 2005, 17:59
My god, have you all gone totally mad in the great white north!!!!!! I have posted in the past on the matter of young pilots paying their way into flying positions. I think maybe you should all do a search and educate yourselves.

My understanding is that the majority of the Jetsgo pilots where ex Air Allience B1900D pilots willing to pay $30,000 to fly a jet aircraft. Well, if they were stupid enough to give Mr. Le Blanc their money then that is their concern and not other people who have worked hard to get where they are without having to pay their way into positions.

They have now lost their money, jobs and destroyed the industry with it. I cannot believe that people want others to chip in to help other peoples bad choices in life.

My god no wonder Canadian aviation is in the state it is. Wake up people!!!!!

MEM
11th Mar 2005, 22:38
**** OFF ac100!

AlphaBravoCharlie
12th Mar 2005, 01:48
sure I'll donate...
oh wait I gave away all my cash to tsunami victims :rolleyes:

If you want a good charity then why don't you give some cash to all the Canadians that are unable to sufficently feed themselves or their families.

I'm sure the ex-Jetsgo folks will be able to find a way to put food on the table.

ac100
12th Mar 2005, 08:31
MEM

Thank you for your input........very professional, i see!!!!

Regards,
AC100

I am Birddog
12th Mar 2005, 13:04
ac100 wrote:
My god, have you all gone totally mad in the great white north!!!!!!

Yes we have all gone mad...paying 30K to fly!?!? insane is more appropriate.

However instead of finger pointing and dividing the solidarity (whats left of it) and rather repairing it and educating the up and coming professionals that paying to work is wrong....is the main objective and target.

I have held the banner in this argument at www.avcanada.ca for the past 2 years and if it is precieved that anyone should be happy to see this company go under...it would be precieved to be me...however I am not. It never was about the people...it was about cancer's in the industry like Michel Leblanc.

Again..he wins anotherone...and many families are left without 30K and a job and a new mini van in a place they no longer can afford.

LindbergB767
12th Mar 2005, 14:33
I think you have to be mad to start a fund for pilots who decide to pay 30000 CAd to join Jets Go They knew what they were doing
I paid my basic course myself but I never paid when I was working for a Cie to get an endorsement or Qualifications
I am very sorry for them but myself I lost money witn Minerve, Nationair and no body start a fund to pay for what I lost
The winner always been the big boss and on top of that they use to say that those guys like Leblanc ,Hamel and Obadia were genius in Biz according to some finance newspaper in those time
Bull s....

Willie Everlearn
12th Mar 2005, 15:10
Bird Dog

I'm not trying to be insensitive here especially with the demise of Jetsgo but realistically speaking "sh*t happens".
I have friends who flew for this outfit and as unfortunate as it may seem, they knew their 30K was a risky investment with minimal return. They were also well aware of the ML track record.

I can't tell you what cause you should champion, so I won't.

The present state of the canadian pilot job market is what it is because we canadian pilots helped create it over the past few decades. In fact, I laugh about it every day, simple because it's the joke it IS.
That, my friend, comes as no surprise to many of us out here who have been doing this for the past 25 years.

Rest assured that many of the Jetsgo pilots, F/As and Maintainers will find opportunities for a better life overseas. Those who choose to remain here will not fair so well. (personal opinion)

P.S. Any cnance the next time I screw up financially, get laid off, or lose money in the market, you'll start a benevolent fund for me. (I won't hold my breath. Just thought I plant the seed)

:ok:

I am Birddog
16th Mar 2005, 17:35
Willie Everlearn wrote:
P.S. Any cnance the next time I screw up financially, get laid off, or lose money in the market, you'll start a benevolent fund for me. (I won't hold my breath. Just thought I plant the seed)

you want money from me? :hmm:

get in line :{

xbushpilotjetnow
21st Mar 2005, 13:19
Please send money to me I have been flying for 17 years started
on 172 to floats King Air now 747
Now had to leave Canada for overseas to feed family
Are you going to cry a river for me and share your fund money

I did not think so move back home with your Mommy

I am Birddog
23rd Mar 2005, 11:32
Please send money to me I have been flying for 17 years started
on 172 to floats King Air now 747
Now had to leave Canada for overseas to feed family
Are you going to cry a river for me and share your fund money

I did not think so move back home with your Mommy

http://eyell.com/Smileys/eek.gif WOW!...lemme explain how 'simple' you are...wait, no that wont work...I think there are laws against demeaning a child.

Here instead I'll give you some mental stimulation which apparently seems to be the only thing that works with you...bright lights and loud noises.

Enjoy

http://www.sugarthumbs.com/silvertab/FacePullOff.gif

Oh...you may want to look into this as well...have a great day:ok:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005J8D3.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg