PDA

View Full Version : 747ADV and 777-300ER for CX?

SMOC
10th Mar 2005, 01:06
To cater for the record growth, Cathay is evaluating new aircraft and is understood to favor the 747ADV and 777-300ER. An order for both types is expected shortly. It has a fleet strength of 89 widebodies with another 15 on order through 2007.

http://www.atwonline.com/indexfull.cfm?newsid=5069

SMOC

404 Titan
10th Mar 2005, 02:10
While I must say I favour the above aircraft, CX is looking at all possible aircraft to replace and supplement its long haul fleet, this includes products from Airbus. Price will have a big deciding factor as well as operating costs. CX won’t be making any decision from what I understand until later this year.

tamalai
10th Mar 2005, 03:50
little doubt about the 777, probably the best aircraft on the market, and Cathay is less than impressed by the airbus product experience to date.........................but watch out for the A380, Mr. Boeing made a grave mistake in not offering an equivalent when slots to places like Heathrow are at such a premium....................................... an all 777 fleet, now wouldn't that be nice !!!!

OhForSure
12th Mar 2005, 10:56
Really??? CX not happy with Bus products? Why the continuing build up of 333s? It makes perfect sense though. What seems to be the dislikes? Just the regular? Seems as if all A/Ls that order Airbus products go on to complain about them... QF have had nothing but woes with the 330s - I've heard some LAMEs refer to them as "the Daewoos of the fleet"... I spose if airbus sell 'um cheap enough though, people will buy 'um cheap enough.

tamalai
13th Mar 2005, 01:32
Busdriver are we ?????

bit sensative about it ????

Never mind when you're a big boy they'll let you have a go in a proper plane !!!!

tamalai
16th Mar 2005, 02:15
seems more like a large aquisition of airbus's is on the cards.......................second hand and will need painting green............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akerosid
18th Mar 2005, 02:34
Although the 747Adv and 773ER are favoured, as SMOC says, don't rule out Airbus fighting very hard for this one. If rumours on the Dunnunda/Godzone section are correct, they've lost QF, which is expected to order 773ERs. With SQ also under the 773's belt, this makes CX a "must win".

Another factor is the 747ADV; although CX is clearly interested, how many other carriers are interested in the pax version. There are quite a few interested in the freight version, but will CX's interest on its own be sufficient to launch the -400Adv pax model?

As part of any CX deal, Airbus would presumably take back the first three 346s and replace them with -600ERs. A further factor in Airbus's approach would be that CX is the lead carrier associated with the pax version of the 747Adv. Sign CX up for the A380 and Airbus has effectively pulled the carpet out from under the new 747. And if it takes cut price A340-600ERs as a sweetener, then so be it ...

SMOC
4th Apr 2005, 21:11
Well now this:
Based on a targeted annual capacity rate of 7-8 percent, Cathay will need seven to eight new planes a year. Airbus's A380 and Boeing's new 787 were among the potential candidates, Tyler said.

http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1112179197.html

SMOC

tamalai
5th Apr 2005, 06:57
if all the rumours are true the A380 won't be part of the Cx fleet...................................

HotDog
5th Apr 2005, 13:05
Cathay, the world's fourth most valuable airline, has long been frustrated in its efforts to build a meaningful presence in mainland China.

I, like a lot of my ex colleauges, have a lot of entries in our log books VHHH/ZSPD/VHHH, VHHH/ZBAA/VHHH before the routes were handed over to KA.