PDA

View Full Version : Traf 200

totalwar
9th Mar 2005, 22:11
Just an advert. This promises to be the highlight of the military this year. (http://www.trafalgar200.com)

Including the biggest fireworks display ever seen in this country....get your tickets soon...

SmilingKnifed
10th Mar 2005, 04:05
Will the current surface fleet have to sail past a couple of times? To give a better impression of numbers! :E

Training Risky
10th Mar 2005, 07:41
Even more impressive would be the attendence of that nice big carrier thingy featured in the link. Will it be in service for Trafalgar 300 perhaps?

To celebrate the entry of the RN into the modern PC 21st century, why don't you parade some cross-dressing, gay civil-registered chiefs, hand-in-hand, waving the deeds to their new married quarters?

knows nothing
10th Mar 2005, 08:13
SK,
Rommel did the same thing in Tripoli when he pitched up with the Afrika Korps. Tanks went around the block out of sight, then came back past the reviewing stand. Difference is he was creating a myth, instead of trying to maintain one.

SmilingKnifed
10th Mar 2005, 12:21
Very true, as I believe did the 30s RAF for the benefit of senior Luftwaffe officers.

That said, Rommel falls into the category of military genius, unlike any of our present senior crop.

Splash Coxswain
10th Mar 2005, 12:44
Surely not:

This promises to be the highlight of the military this year.

It might be the highlight for Joe Public, but for the military or the military-minded, it must be our involvement in current ops that is the highlight of 2005!!!

totalwar
10th Mar 2005, 12:46
That said, Rommel falls into the category of military genius, unlike any of our present senior crop Apart from Cinc Fleet...he's a sharp cookie 'ole JB....Not so sure about their airships but I can't believe that you can get to Flag rank without being pretty switched on.

kippermate
10th Mar 2005, 16:05
I believe that the fireworks for the festivities are being supplied by a company from........

FRANCE!

:confused:

Well, I suppose the French did go up in flames 200 years ago.

:O

kipper

SmilingKnifed
10th Mar 2005, 16:43
I'll give you Boyce as CDS. But perish the thought of anyone making senior rank for anything other than utmost professionalism, minister. :E

totalwar
10th Mar 2005, 16:56
Hey, whats wrong with France supplying the bombs and bullets.... Both Spain and France are sending more ships that the RN has seen for a lonfg time

waivar
10th Mar 2005, 21:42
Does this mean that there will be no more dull traf nights after this grand finale for the fishheads to get so excited over? PLEASE :sad: PLEASE Here's hoping. Why they keep banging on about him...... any one would think he was a martyr. Why not make him a saint? Do you hear our brothers green ranting on about Wellington or the RAF babbling on and on about the battle of britain.... err may not be a good case point, but you get the picture. :=

Nelson would have given his right arm to be a pilot :E :E :E

......right i'm off now the hornets nest has been agitated....

WE Branch Fanatic
19th Mar 2005, 12:10
It is indeed ironic that in the 200th Anniversary of Trafalgar, the Royal Navy is no longer the largest Navy in Europe. Nelson's victory not only set the stage for Pax Brittanica, it also laid the foundations for ictory in both World Wars, the Falklands etc.

Also ironic that both France and Spain have carrier based air defence, with fighters with BVR capability, as we are losing ours. Therefore the RN will be less capable of operating by itself than its French and Spanish counterparts. What if the French and Spanish fleets had been more capable than ours in 1805?

How ironic too that our sovereignty is being passed to Brussels by self serving politicians.

I wonder what Lord Nelson would say about thing today? If he were to read the Sea Jet (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98152) thread (which discusses several things as well as organic air defence) what would he say?

Always_broken_in_wilts
19th Mar 2005, 12:43
He's probably sigh and remark,

"Hardy, tell that chap to stop banging on and on and on about the bl@@dy Sea Harrier will you":E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Fire 'n' Forget
19th Mar 2005, 16:04
:D LMAO at the coastal defence force:ok:

SpotterFC
19th Mar 2005, 21:31
And it's sponsored by EDS, Serco, Westlands and Thales so:

1. It'll be late (around 2010).

2. It won't have all the required features (row-past by a couple of kayaks and a fly-past by by 2 kites towed by the kayaks)

3. It will be massively over budget.

4. The Government will hail it as a spectacularly successful milestone, proving that the concept is sound, on the way to a truly magnificent and fully capable naval event in the future and proving that the principles of smart entertainment are fully justified.

:E :E :E