PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Arrangements for Sqn Ldr Richard Geoffrey Rees RAF

rotarynav2639
9th Mar 2005, 19:46
Funeral Arrangements for Sqn Ldr Richard Geoffrey Rees RAF
The funeral service for Sqn Ldr Richard "Richie" Geoffrey Rees RAF will take place at 1400 on Thursday 17th March 2005 in The All Saints (SH) Church in Odiham Village.
It is Sally's request that those attending the Service are seated in the Church by 1345.
Exact dress details for military personnel have yet to be confirmed, but they will be promulgated in SROs over the next few days, or on this forum as soon as I have them.
It is also Sally's request that only family send flowers. However, should you wish to send something as a mark of respect then donations will be gratefully received on behalf of the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice at the Funeral Directors.
The contact details for the Undertakers are: A & W Goddard Ltd, Funeral Directors, Kent Rd, Fleet, Hants, GU51 3AJ. Tel 01252 616431.

Funeral Cards?
Some people have asked about sending funeral cards, I am awaiting a reply from Odiham ref the Family\'s wishes on this topic, but as soon as I know I will post details on this forum.

RN2639

Axel-Flo
9th Mar 2005, 21:43
Just Keeping this info in view at the top of the page :(

teeteringhead
10th Mar 2005, 07:22
Good move Axel-Flo

Mods - can we have this as a "sticky" until 17th??

DeaconBlue
10th Mar 2005, 10:56
RN - thanks for posting the arrangements. I will be in the USA on the 17th but would be pleased to know if cards are appropriate.

Richie was a super guy to work with he will be missed. All thoughts and prayers are with his family.

:(

rotarynav2639
10th Mar 2005, 12:50
Teteringhead

Top Idea....hope the Mods comply.

DB

Yes cards will be appropriate if you wish to send one. Suggest you either forward them to the family address or to the funeral directors.

I will be on det in Germany and unfortunately I can't get the Service to get me back. :(

Richie's_brov
11th Mar 2005, 16:46
Many thanks to all Richie's friends. The messages are being well received by the family and are providing some comfort at this difficult time. Thanks again. Rotarynav thanks for starting this off, it is much appreciated.

Ref. flowers cards. As per rotarynav message above, plus, Sally wishes for either a single red rose, to be placed at the end of the funeral, or a donation to the Phylis Tuckwell Hospice. ( Details will be available on the day ) Flowers will only be from immediate family. Thankyou.

Axel-Flo
12th Mar 2005, 13:27
Anyone know if there is a coach going to the funeral from EGUB? If so is there a POC etc...:(

Lafyar Cokov
12th Mar 2005, 17:58
Axel - Offline I'll give you the details