PDA

View Full Version : Janes Defence Weekly

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
8th Mar 2005, 20:47
I don't read Janes Defence Weekly, but I was under the impression that it was a serious publication.

Twice to my knowledge since we lost our Herc, they've spouted utter speculative ill-informed crap.

Or just fishing? Well, you've got a bite, Mr Peter Felstead.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Independant Story (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=617839)

The Green Scopie
11th Mar 2005, 10:00
They also said that the JOP (Joint Operational Picture) was good.

stillin1
11th Mar 2005, 10:21
Journo + quiet day = speculate without foundation, sod the hard facts, sex it up a bit = sell a few more papers and who cares about the families left behind anyway.
Facts - haven't got the time or decency to wait for that twaddle. Perhaps Mr Felstead, it was a joint suicide pact, alien invasion or a killer locust attack.

I wonder why I have a pathalogical hatred of the average ignorant, immoral, self-serving low-lives! :mad:

Widger
11th Mar 2005, 12:12
Not just the journos, some of those articles are written by self serving individuals near Swindon doing a bit of moonlighting.....there, now I've started it......

Cheque Please!

totalwar
11th Mar 2005, 12:31
they've spouted utter speculative ill-informed crap but as it turned out it wasn't speculative ill-informed crap was it.

Zeibart
11th Mar 2005, 12:31
Widger

Please feel free to expand on your vague, unsubstantiated claim that more than smacks of provocative, empty sh1t-stirring, the like of which appears standard fare for you/crossbow/hyd3 (all for one and one for all?). If you're at a loss for some cheap entertainment, try The Sun crossword - it should keep you guessing for a day or so, thereby relieving this forum of your vacuous goading.

Widger
11th Mar 2005, 12:58
Zeibart,

Got the Thesaurus out today have we?

Expanding...

Stillin 1 stated

Journo + quiet day = speculate without foundation, sod the hard facts, sex it up a bit = sell a few more papers and who cares about the families left behind anyway.
Facts - haven\'t got the time or decency to wait for that twaddle. Perhaps Mr Felstead, it was a joint suicide pact, alien invasion or a killer locust attack.

I wonder why I have a pathalogical hatred of the average ignorant, immoral, self-serving low-lives!

Expanding still.....some of these so called journos, to these periodicals, reside in a large establishment near Swindon...and I'm not talking about Lyneham!! Do you deduce my perspective?

So there is no wish to insult those at Lyneham or take the memory of those pilots in vain, or to Sh1t stir by speculating on what might have happened. Just to point out that some of these journos are employed by HMG!

MightyGem
11th Mar 2005, 20:55
Err, much the same as The BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/4325775.stm) said the day before really.

A10 Thundybox
11th Mar 2005, 22:21
I personally thought the missile angle was low and observable
it was overcast so the weaponary is advanced and the aircrew were not dicking about-the base is known to be in a "difficult area" I think for once Jane's is talking boll0cks.

Mr Learmont has surprised me of late by his "commentry"