PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts At Essendon Airport?????

Baron Captain ?
7th Mar 2005, 04:43
G'day all,

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten myself and my F.O on what we saw last Thursday night/Friday morning at approx 2:30am.

After ferrying aircraft to Essendon from Tullamarine, whilst shutting the door to go home we saw an "Object that looked similar to a man on a pushbike going at around 80kts down runway 17". It was not motorised as there was no noise at the time and from where we were standing we would have heard it.

Only 2 minutes earlier there was a C402 that took off runway 17, and thats how I can gauge the speed as I did watch it take-off.

So is it a Ghost or a rather FIT OLYMPIAN training in the middle of the night?????????????...

I cannot be sure it was a man on a bike, but it was a silent but quick object.. but not big enough to be a car with lights off.:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

PIPSEY
10th Mar 2005, 03:44
Hi there baron captain
you sure have given me the willies with that storey as I live about 2klm from the threshold of runway 17, I can actually see it from my bedroom window. my b/f works at essendon airport as a structual engineer and has been working there for over 3 years so I will ask him if he can gather any information or other sightings of this ghost, I know there was another sighting about 6 months ago of some "lights" on that runway with no explanation. Anyway I will get back to you with anything I might find out...... safe flying p.s I think i might keep my house lights on at nite now that im aware of spookies in my neighbourhood :eek:

Rabbit 1
10th Mar 2005, 03:57
Maybe it was MM on a Penny Farthing looking for spare parts before the next duck run?

PIPSEY
10th Mar 2005, 04:53
Hi again baron captain
Apparently hanger 3 at essendon airport has been known to accomodate an unknown male ghostly figure who has been seen by people over the years and there has been odd sightings in general of things that cant be explained, so baron your not the only one whos seen something out of the norm out at essendon.
Good luck

bigfella5
10th Mar 2005, 05:14
...a GA driver on the award??!!:E

Metro Boy
10th Mar 2005, 07:59
Have you checked the children??

maxgrad
10th Mar 2005, 09:20
wot, are they riding pushies down the rwy too?

Ang737
10th Mar 2005, 21:03
Sure your not on the gear to keep you awake during those long nights...

Baron Captain ?
11th Mar 2005, 00:11
PIPSEY
Thankyou for doing some investigating for me.. At first I didn't want to put this post up but then realised that if it was a ghost there would be some other wierd **** happening like tools going walkabout in the hangar etc....
I would love to hear some more stories!!
My guess is it was some old codger of a DC4 Captain trying to feel what it was like to rumble down the runway again... mind you he disappeared at the end of the runway at the 35 threshold.

ANG737
Nope I assure you that I was on no gear that night!!!!.....And to prove I'm not a wierdo, the other bloke I flew with that night actually spotted The/it/Ghost first!.As I didn't believe him until I finally spotted it..

So anyway looking forward to either more GHOST stories or more stories of olympians training on the runway at night!!!

Cheers:confused: :confused:

Ang737
11th Mar 2005, 02:47
Hhhmmm interesting, I will keep my eye out when I am in there next

Gear in transit
14th Mar 2005, 05:01
Yes the hangar 3 'ghost' story, have heard of that on a number of occasions. Apparently a young boy or something I heard.

There was some story behind it, but I'm too old to remember it now.