PDA

View Full Version : distance theory

jamino
6th Mar 2005, 15:57
This is really aimed at people who hav done the distance theory while trying to hold down a job at the same time...just how long does it realistically take and how does that break down..ie, how many hours a day did you feel you had to do...please please only people with relivant experiance reply,i dont want a thread full of OAT uni grads...just normal joe's please...

many thanks

helicopter-redeye
6th Mar 2005, 19:35
When finished, the exams bit will have taken 2 years with an international/ high travel job (70hrs a week)

joe (non OAT)

wheatools
6th Mar 2005, 19:53
Hello, Im doing a distance theory course. It has taken me about 6 months for the first module (seven of the subjects) and the next one is coming up! I spent about 1 - 2 hrs per day plus a little more whenever i could spare the time. Its not as bad as it sounds!

Good luck

FlyingForFun
7th Mar 2005, 08:18
Took me about 12 months, studying for an hour or two, most days - more at the weekend.

FFF
-----------

YYZ
7th Mar 2005, 08:27
Took me 8 months for the first Mod and 3 for the second, extra 2 months for the re-sits.

Just got them all in the bag & found it has now cost me my relationship. Still glad im on the path though, sometimes wish there wasn't so much financial & emotional costs involved:(

lamma
17th Mar 2005, 20:04
Took me 1 and a half years with a pretty demanding travelling job. Due to my small family the only way I could do it is early in the morning when they were sleeping. I tried to do 3 hours a day but was lucky if I could.

There is a lot of help out there though and try to enjoy it. It is demanding though but very possible once you get the wheels turning. My only advice is don't put it off and the clock starts ticking after you take your first sitting. For this reason I tried to learn as much as I could before I sat my first exams.

Good luck
Lamma

Evilbob
24th Mar 2005, 09:39
It took me 18 months in total. I was working a six on, three off shift at the time. Levels off study did depend on where I was on that shift. Towards the end of a shift it was quite tiring and sometimes better to take a night off so that the next may be more productive. Also, I did run a scout troop during the first year of study until it became clear that something had to give...

Each module took 9 months of the 18.

High Wing Drifter
24th Mar 2005, 10:02
Took me a shade under a year to complete. If I may offer a suggestion, if you can commute on the train to work then do so. If it takes longer then so much the better. I did nearly all my reading on the train to/from work and just handled the progress tests at the weekend. I found it very easy to concentrate, except when I overheard the occasional mobile phone conversation about sim checks!

I reckon about 8-10 hrs a week is needed.

APRIANA
24th Mar 2005, 10:34
I try to study Mon-Thur 2 hours after work and then 3-4 on Sunday. I've tried to study on the bus journey to work, 45 minutes, but I can't seem to take it in then.

I'm trying to keep my attentions on studying but I've decided to meet with a girl tonight for a few drinks - don't know if it's a good idea though?

Good luck with it.

YYZ
24th Mar 2005, 10:43
Of course meeting up with a girl is a good idea:hmm:
Good god man! how long have you been in the books:}