PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL application

llesson
5th Mar 2005, 12:45
Eventually finished my JAA CPL/ IR and am now getting the paperwork together to send it off to the CAA. I cannot seem to find a IR application form on the CAA website. Do I just send the CPL application form and tick the box with instrument rating and thats that?? Tried calling and e-mailing the CAA but no luck so far so thought I would ask all you guys.

Cheers,

LL

Jinkster
5th Mar 2005, 22:45
first of all congratulations, have you tried contacting your school?

Sky Wave
5th Mar 2005, 23:13
llesson

Here ya go. It's SRG1161. I'm in the same position as you and I must say my FTO gave me all of the forms.

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=541

Keygrip
6th Mar 2005, 17:24
No - the form to use is the JAA CPL Application Form (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1123.PDF) which, in section 3, has boxes to tick for modular CPL and for Instrument rating.

This form is for the combined application of both the CPL and the Instrument rating - the other form(s) are for the inclusion of the instrument rating onto an existing licence (such as your PPL or a CPL with no instrument qualification yet attached).

The schools really should be telling you all this.

llesson
7th Mar 2005, 12:43
Seems if you have done the CPL and IR at the same school the CPL application form is all you need but if you did them at different schools you need both CPL and IR forms!!! Also need a seperate night rating and MEP form too, oh great fun!!!

Keygrip
7th Mar 2005, 16:57
llesson - I don't quite follow your logic there - why do you need two application forms if you did the two courses at different schools?

BTW - there is no longer such a thing as a night RATING (for initial issue) - it's a night QUALIFICATION (there is a difference).

My guess is you need ONE form for CPL/IR, one for night and one for multi - as the first form is for the licence and the next two are for adding ratings and qualifications to that licence.

llesson
7th Mar 2005, 18:08
Just repeating what the CAA told me on the phone this morning!!! They said its to do with the declaration on the forms, both FTO`s (CPL and IR schools) have to verify your training.

Keygrip
8th Mar 2005, 01:37
Sounds fair enough - but there's nowhere on that form for the Instrument Rating school to sign a completion certficate - there's only space for a CPL training sign off.

The plot thickens.

Sky Wave
8th Mar 2005, 07:49
As I said above.
For the instrument rating you need form SRG1161 (see my link).

For the CPL you need form 1123 (See keygrip's link)

You need to complete both forms. Each training provider will sign their respective forms. Also tick the "with instrument rating" box on the CPL form.

SW

willby
15th Mar 2005, 14:29
Hi Skywave et al,
Am I correct in assuming therefore, when applying for the CPl, ME rating and IR at the same time a third form SRG/119 is also required?
Lasors says if more than one rating is being applied for with the CPL then an additional fee is required. Do you know how much this is?
Can this be done over the counter if one presented themselves at Aviation House bright and early? Unfortunately no congratulations are in order as the enquirey is on behalf of another.
Regards
Willby

Sky Wave
15th Mar 2005, 14:51
Sorry Willby I can't really help. I knew the answer to the CPL/IR one as I was filling the forms in myself and my FTO were advising me. I'd already got my ME on my PPL.

I'm fairly certain the guidance notes make mention of additional ratings and if you search the CAA site for "scheme of charges" that will give you the price for the additional ratings.

Congratulations for "another" and suggest perhaps "another" asks their FTO

SW

willby
15th Mar 2005, 17:05
Hi Skywave,
Just checked the scheme of charges and the situation is an initial type rating and an IR can be obtained at the same time as the CPL at no extra charge i.e. £194. Now the question is will the ME (class rating) be regarded in the same way as a type rating. If not the additional fee will be £100.
Any one any info re : Can this all be done at the counter in a couple of hours.?
Regards
willby