PDA

View Full Version : Post-Grad, Masters (MBA) Aviation programs?

aviator's_anonymous
4th Mar 2005, 12:09
Hi there all,
I was wondering if someone could shed some light on some good
post-grad aviation, preferbly MBA (Masters in Business Adminstration) programs, in the U.S, or Australia.

I'm currently studying an aviation Degree at an Australian University. This is my final year and will be graduating later this year. I have my CPL and want to also continue flying, maybe get my CIR as i continue studying and flying. I've also wanted to fly as a pilot, but other areas in the airline/airport management areas also interest me.
I was wondering if there are any pilots out there that have gone down a similar "study path" as me, and studied post-grad courses in aviation, and have ended up being pilots as well.
If you could share your experiences with me, and also suggest some universities
with post grad programs like that to me, that'd be most helpful. Thanks =)

Curvature
5th Mar 2005, 04:22
Hi There aviator's_anonymous,

Like yourself I have completed a BSc in Aviation here in Oz. After working for a few years I decided to do a Post Grad Masters in Finance, which I have now completed. I did contemplate the MBA course, and I knew a lot of people on the course, or who already have MBA's. In my experience they are thick on the ground, and if you don't gain the degree from a reputable university it can be a waste of time, effort and money.

The only post grad aviation related MBA that I know of is offerred by Murdoch University here in WA. I know nothing of the course or anybody who has completed it. Murdoch is however, a second tier university.

http://www.murdoch.edu.au/contacts/academic/Murdoch_Business_School

MBA in Aviation Management (MBAAvMan)

Hope this is of some use to you

Curvature:ok: