PDA

View Full Version : Training in Asia - MFA / SG Flying Colleage

specmanz
4th Mar 2005, 01:32
Hi all

Appreciate if anyone could give some advice on the above topic. I was thinking of joining either MFA or SFC for my CPL/IR and work to the F/ATPL.

Anyone have any experience of being a private student in either of the ablve schools? I would like to know more about the schools and its program before signing up.

Thanks!

tarbaby
6th Mar 2005, 17:02
SFC does not take private students. If you wish to go to SFC you must have done your military training and also be be prepared to be heavily bonded for a long time. The examinations are UK CAA International. Do not know the policies of MAF.

cav-not-ok
7th Mar 2005, 07:53
yo man... welcome to the world of aviation.

i cant help much about the sg flying skool

BUT i can tell you mfa SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

especially if you are joining them as a private student. do a search on the forums for MFA and you'll know why.

BTW, i was a graduate from MFA. so you can rest assured that i tell the truth. if you want to join a school in malaysia, i would suggest LATC. look for the number and call them. i can almost guarantee that LATC is MUCH MUCH better than MFA. the principle of latc is a very very nice guy. so are most of the instuctors there.

go man! do your research before you get conned in the ass by Gp Capt (r) kokshove. (mfa priciple.)

specmanz
7th Mar 2005, 10:04
Yo alll

Tks for the reply. cav-not-ok, yup I've read thru the forums both here in PPRUNE and over at MAL cari.com. It seems that MFA is preoccupied with MAS and AA cadet at the moment. Anyway do u have any idea if LATC have any limit on the number of private students they can take?

cav-not-ok
8th Mar 2005, 09:13
yo man wazzap!

yup, latc does limit the students they take in unlike MFA(money flying away), to maintain the standards and space in the school. try giving them a call, and get yourself booked for the next course as soon as possible.:cool:

Lanun
12th Mar 2005, 09:21
Hey Specmanz,

it is true that SFC doesn't take private students. Frankly, the standards in SFC is wonderful as I have some friends from there too.

It is true what cav-not-ok said about MFA (Money Flying Away) or what I like to call them as (Mother ******* Assholes) sucks. The academy is a sub-standard school which discriminates all PRIVATE STUDENTS. To be honest with you, MAS has stopped sending their cadets to MFA due to the standard of aircrafts. They have started the first MAS batch in Langkawi Aerospace Training Centre (LATC). Rumours spread that Airasia will be withdrawing their cadets from MFA to LATC too. Currently, LATC has 2 batches conducted now which the first batch are MAS Cadets and the second batch are private students.

I really wished there was an LATC during my times in the academy. Yes, I was a pittyfull pathethic graduate from MFA and I am sharring my experience with other innocent and naive future pilots.

Why don't you try visiting MFA one of these days and listen to the Principal's bull****? It's very interesting watching his conman skills in action.

Wish you all the best...

specmanz
15th Mar 2005, 03:51
Hey many tks Lanun!

I will be calling up LATC the next few days to enquire on private pilot intake for this year.

I really appreciate if anyone has any info on the private student intake for LATC...tks!!

shye
17th Mar 2005, 07:42
If so, do you have the links for LATC ?
taking a degree in college is required in USA, what about Malaysia ?
i'm go to do it privately too, then is that sure we can find a job after graduated from the flight school ?

shye
17th Mar 2005, 17:56
Wow !
LATC have good facilities and with advanced aircraft compare with MFA, but their hostel is quite costly

Lanun
18th Mar 2005, 07:10
Hey Specmanz, maybe this site might interest you...

www.langkawiaerospace.com

shye
19th Mar 2005, 08:46
Hey,

how did you contact them ?
did you get any further information ?