PDA

View Full Version : Best european Integrated ATPL school

vortac82
3rd Mar 2005, 11:51
Hello guys

I'm seriously thinking to start an integrated ATPL course soon

My first choice would be Oxford Aviation Training but while searching in this forum I read of CTC, Jerez, Cabair, InterCockpit, Naples (USA but JAR)....and so on.

Since it would be a big sacrifice for me and my family I'd like to have a wide idea of which is the best one.

I hope you could help me ;)

Thanks

Tallbloke
3rd Mar 2005, 13:33
A subject much discussed here but.....

1) Try using the search function, you will find a great many threads which allude to the question you are asking.

2) Any recommendation given here is entirely subjective, based on the respondents experience of one school. No-one (to my knowledge) has ever qualified ATPL at more than one establishment, therefore no-one is qualified to compare one school against another, apart from those who examine flight schools (if such a person exists) and I highly doubt such a person would post here.

You are trying to base a decision on the opinions of others, and in these parts, quite a lot of those opinions are negative.

Much better IMHO to contact the schools directly. They all have open days where they will show you around and answer questions. Try and talk to students already studying there, see what they say. It is a lot easier to judge which school suits you best by experiencing the environment first (OK not so easy with Naples, Fl.) You may even get to meet future instructors, how well are you going to get on with them?

I am not trying to put you off using the internet, but your own personal experience and that of family members will be of much more use to you when making a decision.

Charlie Zulu
5th Mar 2005, 08:28
Another option would be to do your preliminary research at the Flight Training Exhibition hosted at the Renassiance Hotel, London Heathrow Airport on Saturday 19th March.

http://www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions/

Sorry I have just noticed that you live in Rome.

Maybe a little far to travel for a day out at Heathrow, but there are plenty of flights between the two cities... :D

vortac82
5th Mar 2005, 14:05
Thank you for the infos CZ ;)