PDA

View Full Version : vb interview

collar
2nd Mar 2005, 20:26
hi,
can anyone steer me in the right direction regards the vb first interview. all i am aware of is that it goes for 1 hour. what kind of questions? tech, company, personal is what i'm assuming but after a little more detail on that. pm if required
cheers

Ang737
2nd Mar 2005, 20:53
A mate of mine got asked 3 tech questions and they were

Whats a supercritical surface area
Whats the significance of a swept aerofoil
Whats the definition of Mcrit

All too easy I hope I get those if the bastards get around to interviewing me... Come on I'm waiting

Ang
;)

colonel hannibal
2nd Mar 2005, 23:12
if the bastards get around to interviewing me.

Interseting ...

Tell me, do you start your cover letter on your CV as....

Dear BASTARDS,

I WANT A JOB.

etc ???

Maybe the reason that you have yet to get an interview is that your pseudonym is not as big a secret as you think ?

remember, honey catches more flies than vinegar!

Sheep Guts
3rd Mar 2005, 04:31
I thought VB was finished recruiting and had enough guys until next year now. Someone even said they had an over supply of guys is this true?

Sheep

jetblues
3rd Mar 2005, 08:43
No Captain promotions at the moment, but expected to hire a few more FO's over the near future so hang in there.

Grivation
5th Mar 2005, 00:43
15 about to start - I believe.

Avgas172
6th Mar 2005, 10:08
Rather harsh on Ang there ol' bean...... I've been in the ringmasters seat before and I think she would get the Interview before some skulking brownosing bastard ......:E

Oh Yeh, Ang btw whats a Mc Rit? nothing to do with a haggis is it? :ok:

Woomera
7th Mar 2005, 02:51
Q. Explain Coffin Corner?

DJ747
7th Mar 2005, 06:12
Low blow Woomera.

Ang737
7th Mar 2005, 21:15
Hanniball it was meant as tongue in check... Please enlighten me if you know my psuedo name and feel free to contact if you have a personal gripe about me.

Ang ;)

colonel hannibal
7th Mar 2005, 22:23
Ang ... NO I don't know who you are, and I really don't care. But that doesn't mean that no one else does.

And just cos' it was "Tongue in cheek" doesn't mean that everybody will take it that way..

Good luck to you either way

Ang737
7th Mar 2005, 23:17
Cheers CH and apologises to anyone if I offended...

Ang ;)

Sykes
8th Mar 2005, 00:16
Ang, I think you only offended one person.

IMO, it was a pretty obvious tongue-in-cheek comment. Again, to all but one person

:rolleyes:

colonel hannibal
8th Mar 2005, 04:34
actually ... I wasn't offended.
All I was trying to do is point out that you MAY NOT be as anonymous as you think, and sometimes, seemingly harmless comments such as you said/posted, can get to the ears that they were not intended for.

It would be a shame if they were to offer you an interview, KNOWING who you are, and have ABSOLUTELY no intention of giving you a job!

Let's see....

SAY you live in MEL, and interview is in BNE. YOUR timeslot is 0800, so you WANT to arrive early at interview. They only give you 3 days notice for impending interview, which means that you will probably have to pay close to full price for an airfare. Most flights early in the morning are pretty full, so you elect to go up the night before. You will need to stay somewhere for the night, the most logical choice probably being an hotel NEAR the airport. Not many of those are cheap, and their food is not exactly value for money... tasty, but not cheap!

Turn up bright and early next morning for said interview, and the FIRST question is ... " ANG ... why do you think that the interview panel at VB are BASTARDS? "

By my reckoning, you have cost yourself close to $1200, plus a day or two off work, told your employer that you are keen to move on, and suffered a great humiliation, and dent to your self confidence.

I am just trying to help!

Ralph the Bong
8th Mar 2005, 12:34
They are capable of just that. A young ex-Ansett guy was called in for an interview with VB after AN went down and was asked:

Them; "do you love your Dad?"

Him: "Sure".

Them: "Even though your Dad's a sc ab"...

He is in Emirates now.:p

Capt Basil Brush
12th Mar 2005, 08:20
BPA,

I have heard 15 F/o's about to be hired, and crews are being asked to give up leave to do extra flying.

Depends who you speak to I guess.

BB

Icarus2001
13th Mar 2005, 03:48
It should not make any difference who you speak to if these things are observable events.

I know a few F/Os and Captains who are getting tired of being called in on days off to fly.

I surmise that the future is still hazy until the Corrigan take over is finalised or otherwise.

boomhauer737
13th Mar 2005, 11:57
6 command upgrades in Melbourne.

Someone has to replace those F/O's...

It's been said before,a week is a long time in this game.:ok: