PDA

View Full Version : EFT - A Viable Proposition?

Biz
2nd Mar 2005, 12:53
Hello one & all!

I have been looking at EFT Florida & their APP course for some time now as a prospective training provider.
However, I note that the make-up for the course has changed significantly for 2005, including the price! :)

The cost increase I can live with since we all understand these are profit-making enterprises and overheads do increase.

What does concern me are the changes to the course.
EFT used to take on one pupil per month for the APP. Now, that has increased to four. If EFT guarantee each of these "cadets" an instructor position after graduating, assuming my maths is correct, they will have 48 instructors each year on their books!!

Can anybody see how this is viable please, especially as EFT seem confident that it would be possible to amass in excess of 1000 instructional hours?
How can EFT accommodate all these cadets on their course? I know they only have limited student housing available. Tent City perhaps???!

Trying to get some thought on this before parting with any cash.

Thank you!

Biz
8th Mar 2005, 15:30
Nearing 150 views & no-one has an opinion??!!!

I beleive this is quite a pertinent question though.....

cosworth211
8th Mar 2005, 15:49
I am in the same scenario. From what I understand (and I hope its correct) student accomodation is mainly limited to Phase 1 basic training, usually the cadets obtain privately rented accomodation for the later phases and FI once they return from the UK after the ATPL studies.

EFT claim to train quite alot of PPL fasttrack student and modular students, I presume this is the area that takes up the flight instructor phase of the APP program. To hazard a guess their is alot larger proportion of cadets going through EFT as modular students (who do not get offered FI roles) then through the APP integrated program. One of the flying instructors at my local flying club recently got back from the US after training with EFT on a modular basis, he was offered a flight instructor job with them (which is not the norm) because they had a shortage of instructors.

I would be really interested to hear from some previous EFT cadets.

Soliciting Stu
9th Mar 2005, 12:48
I have never visited EFT in FL, but from what I have understood from speaking to EFT is that accomodation is provided in their student housing for the duration of the course, including the FI phase. However, the cost is not included and is charged seperately. Perhaps students prefer to source their own when returning for the commercial phases??? I don't know - maybe someone who is there will comment.

For what it's worth, I do not think they will run out of capacity for accomodating APP students, since I have been informed that EFT do have extra apartments available to them, these not being hotels/motels!

Hope I have helped you.

African Drunk
16th Mar 2005, 22:37
Have been in fort pierce and seen EFT although they seem to be turning over quite a few students I can't see them needing more than 10 ppl/cpl instructors at a time and that is probably being generous.

However they might have a large drop out rate and only a few people ever go out there to instruct. Will try to get in contact with a couple of guys I knew who instructed out there and get some more info.

Matthew Adams
19th Mar 2005, 14:33
For what it's worth, I do not think they will run out of capacity for accomodating APP students, since I have been informed that EFT do have extra apartments available to them, these not being hotels/motels!

Not true - I'm currently out here and in the motel pending moving into the student accommodation.
Other than that very happy with everything over here.

Biz
23rd Mar 2005, 12:53
Well, thank you for your replies! They have been quite informative.
A big decision ahead still, mind you.

Matthew Adams >>> Would you try and keep us informed please as to how you are being treated?? How long were you put up for in the motel, for instance?

Many thanks to those of you who replied!