PDA

View Full Version : orlando FT

techboy
2nd Mar 2005, 11:56
good day lads and gals

Off to sunny florida shortly to do the JAR PPL at OFT, anyone else going out soon?

Since Ive booked ive been told should the student accom not be available and I will have to pay $20 a night to stay in the best western ???????

I thought it was meant be incl in the course? anyone had this before?

I was also told I have to pay $5 fuel surcharge on all my flights.

Is this right, are any other schools charging this? or just integrating it into the cost. It seems a bit unfair if there advertising the course at $****.** then you get stung an additional $250.00 when your out there. Bit of false advertising maybe, I dont Know?

Any Thoughts?

Cheers

SAMIR786
2nd Mar 2005, 12:26
Only few schools out there are there NOT to rip you off...and OFT is NOT one of them!!!

OneIn60rule
2nd Mar 2005, 15:07
Don't you know anyone in Florida who could let you stay at their place for 3-4 weeks (That is how long it would take, right?)?

By the way a 5$ surcharge is nothing new, it's done in almost every school I've heard of over here.

quifflegend
2nd Mar 2005, 15:43
If it is stated that your housing is included in with the price then surely they should either refund the difference or offer to provide other housing for you for the duration of your stay. The Florida FTO's arent that great to be honest. I completed my PPl at a Florida school that has seen alot of bad press on here. Like many others i felt i was cheated out of money. Best thing to do is sort out the situation before you go, as there is nothing worse than being in another country being held by the balls by some school over money disputes. So get it sorted before you go. If not, get your deposit back, if you paid one, and look elsewhere.