PDA

View Full Version : katanas in oz?

Erskine J Synge
2nd Mar 2005, 02:02
Hi, I wonder if anyone out there could help me. I was just a few hours away from obtaining my JAR PPL in the UK when (for many reasons) I came over to Australia. I am keen to continue flying and it would be nice if I could do this in the aircraft I am used to. Namely the DA-20 Katana. Does any one know of any flying schools that operate these aircraft? I do not mind where. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Chadzat
2nd Mar 2005, 08:50
My Flying School has em, I did my training up to GFPT in them then found out my rear-end isn't well suited to their leather clad fixed position seats for long navs!! We call them Evolutions over here but they are the same thing!

www.learntofly.com.au

Check out this link and thats where I fly. Its in Adelaide, South Australia btw operating from Parafield.

Chad

ausdoc
2nd Mar 2005, 20:55
There's a DA20 at Darling Downs Aero Club in Toowoomba, QLD.

I Fly
3rd Mar 2005, 00:01
"Having come just a few hours away from obtaining my JAR PPL in the UK", it would be better to finish it in the UK. Here you will have to do all your exams again. If you have the PPL you only need to do a conversion exam and it would be far easier if you want to go back to the UK. If all that is not possible go to http://www.casa.gov.au/casadata/register/data/ACRFTREG.CSV and save it as an excel file. Then open it and sort the forth column. You will find 4 DA-20 on the register, who owns them and where they are. Have fun

mattyj
5th Mar 2005, 18:41
ah the flying sperm!:ok: