PDA

View Full Version : Cabair starting March 4th

skysoarer
1st Mar 2005, 13:45
Hello!

I am starting at Cabair College of Air Training this coming Friday, the 4th March. I'm just wondering whether there are any other hapless souls also starting on this date?

Personally I am self-funded, although I believe there will be flyBE students on this course (if I remember the sponsorship documentation correctly). I am coming into the course with 21 hours powered training, and about 185 gliding experience. I have been working in the travel sector, most recently for a 'dot com' accommodation provider as IT Support. Prior to that I have worked as a PC technician in a computer store, and Cabin Crew for a scheduled airline. I started flying as a major hobby in 1998 while at University doing Software Engineering, when I suddenly realised that I could actually afford it. I can only recommend it as a brilliant way of learning to fly; I am currently at Silver badge level.

I had tried for sponsorship schemes including flyBE, Air2000, and BA, but was rather unlucky with them. After going through Cabairs screening I was offered a place on their October 2004 course but I could not possibly arrange the funding that fast. Now here I am waiting to start! It still hasn't quite sunk in...

It would be great to hear from any other starters, or anyone there now. Otherwise I look forwards to meeting you at the initial dinner on Friday morning!

Best regards;

Graeme Scott

skysoarer
3rd Mar 2005, 02:42
*bump*.. just in case... but hey it's almost Friday!