PDA

View Full Version : Cpl X Country Training

eagle206
26th Feb 2005, 19:10
HI

I AM WANTING TO SEEK ADVISE TO A SMALL PROBLEM I HAVE, CURRENTLY I AM UNDERTAKING THE CPL X COUNTRY SYLLABUS AND HAVE HAD MY FIRST DUAL X COUNTRY WHICH I FELT WAS DREADFUL AND THE INSTRUCTOR SEEMED VERY DISORGANISED.
THIS DID NOT FILL ME WITH CONFIDENCE AND DOES NOT GIVE ME CONFIDENCE TO CONTINUE DOING SOLO X COUNTRY'S.

HOW SHOULD I BROACH THIS SUBJECT WITH MY TRAINING ORGANISATION.

THANKS.

EAGLE 206

Piltdown Man
27th Feb 2005, 10:16
I'd change instructor and/or school. The first few navexs should be piss simple, something your Mum should be able to do.

Down 'n' Hanging
2nd Mar 2005, 12:54
Hi Eagle

Firstly, remember, you are the customer - it's your money that you're spending, not an insignificant amount either, and you should be receiving the proper service associated with the course.

You should find that your FTO will have a 'grievance' procedure to deal with problems such as the one you have encountered. This will either be a part of the Flying Order Book, or as part of the CPL Training Manual.

If you don't feel that you can speak to the instructor concerned, approach the Head of Training / Chief Flying Instructor and raise the matter with him / her. If the issue is not resolved then do as Piltdown Man suggests, take your custom elsewhere.

Hope it resolves itself. Good luck.

D 'n' H