PDA

View Full Version : Air China to Run CX

Lan Kwai Wanchai
26th Feb 2005, 09:59
:E Appears that CX is raising funds in SNG to pay down debt, improve the balance sheet:ok: and improve its ratios to elicit a better market valuation via the share price !!

Now Air China Holdings will :uhoh: increase its ownership of CX so it actually becomes a Chinese company instead of pretending to be one ......

Cx cannot afford to buy KA :{ as the flag carrier would cost too much :ok: !!! Probably the other way round as suggested previously.....

Still, should be fun watching from the sidelines :E

fire wall
26th Feb 2005, 12:13
Son, you are entitled to your opinions. Then again so was Hannibal. Hope you enjoy doing the RT.
As an aside, you may wish to check as to Air China's holdings. But then again why let the truth get in the way of a good story....

Oasis
26th Feb 2005, 15:20
This is the same guy that said dragonair would buy cx.

Move along, nothing to see here.....

shortly
27th Feb 2005, 23:35
I can understand why one with such obvious deficiencies would be envious of a company as great as CX. Dream on little man, Gosh I hope you work for Dragonair, we will be so nice to you when the revolution comes haha.

Freehills
28th Feb 2005, 10:08
LOL! Especially as HAECO is worth almost as much as Air China...

(Air China value - 1,052m USD, HAECO value - 1,011m USD)

For comparison, CX 6,243m USD. CNAC aren't even in the top 100 in the Hang Seng...

And HSBC, 191 billion USD market value somewhat makes all this airline stuff look petty

Truckmasters
1st Mar 2005, 02:01
Is there a link between HSBC and Swire. I haven't had time to research it but I was suprised by the similarity of their corporate symbols

Freehills
1st Mar 2005, 03:21
Yes, but just that they've both been in HK a long time. HSBC exec on Swire board, and a Swire exec on HSBC board.

HSBC used to own 10% of CX until the early 90's, when they sold it to CITIC.

Flying Bagel
1st Mar 2005, 03:21
While we're at it, I heard that HSBC was going to be bought out by Swire, and now all CX employees will get interest free mortgages plus a special line at every HSBC branch, thus shortening the one hour wait time for service down to five minutes. Did I mention the free Kool-Aid while you wait?

shortly
2nd Mar 2005, 02:17
Do you remember that Iraqi chap with glasses who told all those porky pies whilst the tanks were rumbling in to Baghdad? If they are still looking for him I know where he is, or at least where he posts.

VR-HFX
2nd Mar 2005, 06:04
Shortly

A very belated Kung Hei Fat Choy to you.

Last heard of as Station Manager Abu Dhabi...TV not CX!

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Love his quote:

they are nowhere near the airport...they are lost in the desert...they cannot read a compass...they are retarded

Sounds like someone we all used to know.....