PDA

View Full Version : CRP-5 wind arm

Tallbloke
24th Feb 2005, 12:07
Does anyone use a CRP-5 with a wind arm? I had a look on the Pooleys site and they have 2 types of CRP-5 now, with and without the arm. If anyone does have one, please could they tell me whether or not it is possible to do traditional (ie with pencil and cross) calculations or not. All help appreciated ta.

Aim High
24th Feb 2005, 21:03
The windarm offers speed in the exam and avoids the need to mark the CRP5W with pencil.
Previous pencil marks can sometimes be mistaken for the in use pencil mark.
And the width of the pencil mark reflects in the accuracy of your answer.
Yes all questions may be answered.
A comparison of the solution of questions with the CRP5 and CRP5W is available on a video at Pooleys, Transair and Pilotwarehouse.
The windarm can be added at a later date for £5-10 by Pooleys and also removed for £0 should you not like it

Whirlygig
24th Feb 2005, 21:51
I've got a wind-arm and much, much prefer it! Once you've got the knack it is quicker.

Cheers

Whirlygig

Go for a wind-arm I say!

Capt. Vilo
25th Feb 2005, 16:51
Have to agree once you get to grips with it, it saves time and and in g-nav times in demand !!!

Tallbloke
25th Feb 2005, 17:05
Thank you all very much, I will be forking out the extra couple of pounds (as my girlfiend says, peanuts in the grand scheme of things).

BigGrecian
25th Feb 2005, 18:06
I have the wind arm CRP5. Be aware there are a few question in the bank which involve resolving the wind angle/velocity where you will still need to draw with a straight line the drift p/s at two different headings and the answer is where they cross etc...

You can still draw on the backing on the Pooley CRP5 in pencil to allow you to do this.

Good Luck.