PDA

View Full Version : Military ATC Careers

Otis B Driftwood
24th Feb 2005, 07:23
Just after some info regarding the prospects for ATC officers after they have done 10 or so years in the forces......

Have been trying to find an answer for a while but to no avail.....

I'm keen on RAAF ATC and would like to do 10 or so years service then move into civilian ATC.....

Is the transition into the civilian ATC world a reasonably straight forward affair or is the military ATC time looked at differently to civilian service???? What sort of licence/validation does an ATC officer from the RAAF hold???

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm not looking to the RAAF as just a training ticket, I'm really interested in the experience/adventure on offer....... Just not forever (30 years:{ :{ :{ ) I see it as a bit of a bummer if you don't get recognition of 10 years of experience in the civilian world when you decide to move on (Family,$$$ etc...)

Do any ex RAAF ATC people work O/seas.... Is that possible????

Hatchet Harry
25th Feb 2005, 06:41
I posted a similar question 18 months ago......

Got one reply which was a lecture telling me to "focus on why you want to join up.... not where can you go after serving"

It would have been great to have got some info.:{ :{ :{

Good luck..... I have a feeling the answer to your question may be along the lines of what you are worried about......

No real future outside of the RAAF:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

and that is a real shame if you are keen to give them 10 years or so before moving on in life:\ :\ :\ :\

Nothing wrong with looking well into the future.:ok: