PDA

View Full Version : Air Transat is hiring cabin crew YYZ-YVR

CGTSN
23rd Feb 2005, 20:40
For those interested, you have up to the 28th of Feb to apply. I haven't heard anything concerning pilot's recruitment.

Good luck to all of those who apply.

----------------------

Title: Flight Attendant
Job Number: 02-005
Sector: In-flight Services
Date of posting: 02/18/2005
Position type: Permanent - Full time
Job description:
I bring families together
I make dreams come true
I am the gateway to a world of magical vacation
I am Air Transat

Do you want to meet different people every day? Do you want to travel to exciting destinations? Visit friends in Frankfurt, take in the sights and sample delicious cuisine in Paris? Of course there is Costa Rica, Cuba, the Riviera Maya…

Air Transat’s In-Flight Service department is looking for a dynamic person like you to join its team. The available positions:
Flight Attendant

As a Flight Attendant, you will be responsible for providing service to our passengers and ensuring their safety.

Requirements:

You must:

- Be 18 years old, minimum;
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Be able to meet medical standards;
- Be able to pass security clearance;
- Have Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status;
- Successfully complete an initial five (5) weeks training program;
- Be bilingual (French and English). A third language, such as Cantonese, Creole, Dutch, Greek, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese or Spanish, would be a strong asset;
- Have previous experience in the customer service industry;
- Be able to accept an assignment to our Toronto or Vancouver base and be able to work away from home and work irregular hours;
- Be impeccably groomed and possess a high energy level.

Your destination:

The Flight Attendant position is permanent, full time, and available as of April 2005. The new recruits will be interviewed in our Montréal facilities and will start their career at our Toronto or Vancouver base. Air Transat offers a complete benefits package which includes insurance, group RRSP and travel privileges.

If you are interested in joining our in-flight service team, send us your résumé indicating the posting number 02-005 before February 27, 2005.

By e-mail: [email protected]

By fax: 514-906-5131

Only those individuals who meet qualifications will be contacted.

We foster equity in the workplace.

-----------------------------------------------
And these are some infos for the ones who wonder what is the pay like at TS.

---------------
Here is the current pay scale for Air Transat. Each level indicates years of service. Pay is hourly. Block to Block. The first column indicates present salary, the second an increase effective July 1st, 2005

Level 1: $22.46 $23.02
Level 2: $27.95 $28.65
Level 3: $29.50 $30.24
Level 4: $31.04 $31.82
Level 5: $32.58 $33.39
Level 6: $34.22 $35.08
Level 7: $35.93 $36.83
Level 8: $36.84 $37.76
Level 9: $38.50 $39.46
Level 10:$40.23 $41.25

You are guaranteed 75 hours per month on reserve and 65 as a block holder.

When away from base perdiem is calculated as follows:

$4.50 per hour outside of Canada
$3.50 per hour within Canada
$4.75 per hour in Ireland & U.K.

CaptW5
23rd Feb 2005, 23:55
What's up with your "special meeting of shareholders" on Feb.24?
Anything exciting?

CGTSN
24th Feb 2005, 14:19
I wasn't aware about this shareholder's meeting ( one is scheduled for june 14th) but there's an employee meeting in march and hope i could make it if i am not flying :)

I am not sure about another A-310-300 coming in, the latest we got, was C-GTSY. I know that they are looking to replace our 330-3, C-GKTS since it will be gone by fall 2006.

Right now, they are replacing actual seats with leather seats and looking to renew the 310's engines.

:) I am happy that we are recruiting, finally the remaining lay off crew, will be back online.
Cheers

gumbi
24th Feb 2005, 16:47
Capt W5...

I think they will be announcing the creation of a new category of shares for foreign investors...or something to that effect...

As for the latest rumour, AT is supposedly looking for two more A310 right now... time will tell heh?

CGTSN
24th Feb 2005, 18:27
oh la la! Some more 310's for 2005? Or you meant for the upcoming years....

Please bring back my favourites L-1011!! ;) I think i will have to take a trip to Mojave to see them.... snif snif!

bobrun
27th Feb 2005, 15:32
I would be interested in knowing what is the 1st year F/O salary at Air Transat, and what is the yearly increase, if anyone is willing to give those numbers.

Also, what is the time to command apprx.?

Thanks.