PDA

View Full Version : Cost of US PPL

Farrell
23rd Feb 2005, 13:49
Hello Folks

Well, I'm off on Monday to Florida to do my PPL with EFT.
I'm excited as hell, the school have been great and the price seems to be very good.

Just wanted to take a second to let other PPL wanabees know about the extra time and money it takes to do your PPL in the US.

Here is what I will have paid by the time I start my training (prices in dollars!).

Training fee at EFT: 4995 fast track ppl 21 days

M-1 visa SEVIS fee: 100 (to get the right to have an interview with immigration!

M-1 visa phone call: 15 (to book appointment!)

Non-refundable Visa Application fee: 100 (to get into the embassy!)

TSA registration: 130 (to be cleared by US to learn to fly)

Various copies of 'required' documentation at US embassy: 200

Flight from Miami to Lyon: 550

Pick-up from airport to EFT Fort Pierce: 150

PPL Course books and flight computer: 200

Accomodation: 375 per month

Car hire, if available: 400 per month.

Food and general living expenses: 1000

I got a present of Bose X ANR headsets which are being repaired so I had to buy a temporary pair to Sennheiser HD100: 220

So, there you go!

Will try to keep in touch while I'm there.

Cheers and thanks to all who have helped me to get to this stage. I can honestly say that it would have been virtually impossible with out the advice I got from evryone on pprune!

Wayne

:ok:

newflyer
24th Feb 2005, 12:24
Just so you know that both DeBenair Aviation and Ormond Beach aviation can train you for a PPL for as little as 2600 pounds including accomodation. Check their advertisements for more info. (There are many other schools in Florida and elsewhere quoting similar prices so please take look at those schools also!)

Farrell
24th Feb 2005, 12:54
Agreed!

Shop around!

Debonair is on my list for the FAA Instrument and Commercial in September!

New Flyer: from your post regarding the new premises and shiny planes.......are they going to keep their existing pricelist?

Wayne

newflyer
24th Feb 2005, 13:19
It looks like the rates will stay the same with new rates for the new aircraft.

Check with DeBenair for more info!

Matthew81
24th Feb 2005, 22:41
so what your trying not to say newflyer is that the new ones will be more expensive?? :D

Farrell
25th Feb 2005, 12:49
Ok folks....

It's taken me a year, but on Monday afternoon, I'll be leaving France to start my PPL at EFT in Florida.

This weekend, I plan to put my feet up and relax. I'm also going to stay away from my computer!

I am looking forward to being able to post and share the first solo experience with you all.

In the meantime, thank you all so much for your help and encouragement!

Wayne :ok: