PDA

View Full Version : Q for kiwis in Virgin Blue / Pac Blue

Luke SkyToddler
21st Feb 2005, 18:20
Hi all

Maybe a dumb question but : when you fill out the StaffCV Virgin / Pac Blue application and it asks all those questions about the validity of your Australian ATPL / Australian IR etc ... are you supposed to just tick the boxes as though you had an Aussie licence? And then explain to them at the interview that it is a kiwi not an Aussie licence? Or do you actually have to go get an Aus licence to apply (seems a bit pointless for Pacific Blue)?

MOR
22nd Feb 2005, 08:19
Under TTMRA Kiwi licence=Oz licence...

Sqwark2000
22nd Feb 2005, 19:06
Hi Luke,

Had enough of the Highlands climate?

If you are looking to come home for a B737 job then I hear Jet Connect (NZ Domestic Qantas) are looking again soon and have also heard that the cost for endorsment is as low as NZD$7000.

S2K

splatgothebugs
23rd Feb 2005, 00:24
Mr Toddler,

You coming home chap?

splat:ok:

haughtney1
25th Feb 2005, 22:26
Luke..

Check your PMs

Mayby of some help

Luke SkyToddler
26th Feb 2005, 14:59
I'd certainly come home for the right job ... or go to Brisbane ... come to think of it I'd be quite happy if I had to go to Hong Kong or Dubai for it as well :ok: Same as all of us really.

So is that it, the NZ licence 'is' actually an Aus licence for the purpose of applying to VB, you don't have to go through all that TTMRA paperwork until they actually offer you a job?

DeltaT
5th Mar 2005, 21:53
NZ7000 for a 73 rating??? where the h@ll did you hear that one?!
Every man and his dog would be doing it if it came down that low