PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express

PCav8or
20th Feb 2005, 03:18
I can receive email, but nobody gets my email when I reply. My email seems to go out fine with no error messages & also shows up in the "sent" folder. Any ideas? Thanks.

PS: Can this be linked to AVG 7 (Free Edition) that also scans outgoing mail?

Avtrician
20th Feb 2005, 07:45
What email prog are you using, and have you tried to send an email to your self.

willby
20th Feb 2005, 12:11
Hi Avtrician,
He is using Outlook Express.

PCav8or
20th Feb 2005, 14:29
No. I didn't even get the email I sent to myself. I have turned off AVG7. HELP !!!!

jonathon_mickelson
20th Feb 2005, 19:38
Is this a new problem? If so try sending mail to yourself or to another via your webmail interface.

If its a new set up, maybe your ISP requires you to have authentication turned on?

Or if you have a DSL / ADSL connection, but arent using the email service that the DSL ISP provides, then you will have to probably but the outgoing mail as the DSL or connection provider and the incoming mail as the name of your mail server, ie my email address is for example [email protected], and I am connected to the internet with DSL.com's service. My outgoing mail server would be something like: smpt.dsl.com and my incoming mail would be something like pop3.fastconnect.com

Maybe that might help

PCav8or
22nd Feb 2005, 00:24
It's working now folks. Thanks. I deleted AVG from my computer & the email is going out. I reckon I'll have to get some other anti virus software.

Engineer
22nd Feb 2005, 08:30
Or maybe configure the program to use outlook xpress

Background Noise
22nd Feb 2005, 09:13
It must be possible - there must be loads of people using AVG and OE - some contibutors here undoubtedly.

rotorcraig
22nd Feb 2005, 20:07
Yes it should work fine, I use Outlook Express 6 with AVG 7 Free Edition.

Two things that you could try and report back...

1) Download AVG 7 again and do a clean reinstall. If your problem comes back then try temporarily disabling the eMail Scanner. Does that make a difference?

(go into "Control Center -> eMail Scanner -> Properties -> "Disable Plugin -> Ok". To reactivate, Right Click and "Activate".)

2) Do you use a personal firewall (eg ZoneAlarm or Kerio)? It may be that your Outlook Express firewall entry is okay but your AVG firewall entry is incorrect?

(easiest way to progress this is to delete the AVG firewall entries then send a test eMail - the firewall should detect the traffic and prompt you to set the AVG rules back up)

RC

(PS ... what ISP / eMail service do you use?)