PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Some Gen on the J Props

Where R We?
19th Feb 2005, 18:12
Currently doing some research about the efficiencies of the C-130J Dowty R391 propeller compared to the K and need some information which I hope the masses can help me with.

As I understand it there are certain cabin positions in the J in which pax are not allowed to be loaded and that crews are limited to a certain amount of flying time without ANR headsets.

I also understand that the RAAF have erradicated this problem by balancing their prop blades? Is this true and where would I find the info.

Has there been a comparison as to the relative increase in thrust from the 6 scimitar blades versus the 4 standard Hamilton blades?

I am in the RAF so getting hold of service documentation shouldn't be too much of a problem but I need to know the answers by Thursday (24th) as the paper has to be in then!!

Thanks in advance.

WRW

SpotterFC
19th Feb 2005, 20:34
While we're fishing WRW, does anyone have any good performance comparison data on the Su25 and A-10 for my paper? ;)

Oh - one other thing - the paper isn't due until 1 Mar matey!!!

phutbang
19th Feb 2005, 21:15
WRW - Whats the paper for?

Phone the IPT at Wyton, you will get most of the contact details from the INTRANET.

The IPT will have info on vibration and noise trials held on the J - they should be able to put you in touch with the RAF engineer working at RR patchway he is also in touch with an Aussi counterpart ref the way forward with vibration and the software we use on the aircraft.

hope that helps

Where R We?
19th Feb 2005, 21:21
Thanks, I thought it was due this week.

WRW

Always_broken_in_wilts
19th Feb 2005, 22:32
It'll be late then as we are still waiting 3 years on for those muppets at Wyton to produce a whole plethora of stuff we need......... so anything you might need has no chance:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Lost Again..
19th Feb 2005, 23:46
That's my topic for the paper..... :}

I thought you were going to do A400 instead????? :E

LA

C130 Techie
21st Feb 2005, 11:19
It'll be late then as we are still waiting 3 years on for those muppets at Wyton to produce a whole plethora of stuff we need

Slightly off thread but I felt a response was required.

Perhaps those "Muppets at Wyton" are really just as frustrated as you are with the bureocracy, red tape, lack of funding and the intransigence of Lockheed Martin which prevents/delays the delivery of the kit you need. Many wear the same uniform as you, some are even ex-Lyneham and all share the same aspiration to provide the best available for the front line.

Instead of whinging perhaps you should speak to some of your compatriots who might have an understanding of the bigger picture or better still get off your a@@e and pay the Muppets at Wyton a visit.

SirToppamHat
21st Feb 2005, 13:09
Nice one SpotterFC ... I think WRW needs to start a new thread for all of you on the GD Aeros Course (or whatever it's now called). You can all post your subjects, and everyone else can send you the answers.

Better still, why not just get the tutors to post the subjects direct, and cut out the middle man (middle stude)!

Hope you are still enjoying it mate!

Regards

STH

Always_broken_in_wilts
21st Feb 2005, 14:28
C130 Techie,

Humblest apologies for the offence caused:( Back in me box with the lid locked:ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

C130 Techie
25th Feb 2005, 16:11
Apology Accepted

Just remember we really are on your side:ok:

130 T