PDA

View Full Version : The Great Air Rally

Rocket Rob
18th Feb 2005, 22:56
Hi to all this sites readers,

Is everyone about to attend the Great Air Rally 2005 next weekend (26th/27th. February) at Barwon Heads?

Should be a good event as usual, only hope the weather is kind and a bit warm!

A bit more info www.geelongaeroclub.com or a couple of numbers if you are at all interested:

Dave 03 5275 3041
Gordon 0419 347 091
Ross 0418 302 695

It's not too late to get a few more kites/trikes or other flying machines to enter, the prices can be obtained from the above people (or Aeroclub Site) and a dinner is also happening at the Geelong Football Club, (a chance to see the new building being constructed for the mighty Cats) with transport being operated from field to function area. Morning teas at various locations along the journey's ways.
If you ever thought about this Rally do it today and sign up you will not be dissappointed as half your friends have already.
Remember this is next weekend, time to get the entry in NOW if you wish to get your questions for enroute fun.

Guest speakers on hand and goodies to be won. THE GREAT AIR RALLY 2005

Lukeatme
19th Feb 2005, 09:23
This looks good to me

Hi, hope a few pilots and friends see this one mate it should be good all the others have been great!!!

Lukeatme
19th Feb 2005, 20:57
Hey Rocket

You have made a few edits, are you forgetfull or changing your mind?

Lukeatme
20th Feb 2005, 08:19
Oh a cats fan, bet you did not expect that Rocket?

rs480
20th Feb 2005, 22:02
HI Rob

I have participated in all except one rally and had a ball each time.
Met and some really nice people who fly in from VIC, NSW, SA and TAS
Great to catch up with them and enjoy their company as well as a glass or two of red and a meal.
I guarantee all that enter will not be disappointed

Rs480

:ok:

Lukeatme
21st Feb 2005, 11:34
Good one RS

Sounds like it was a good experience then!

Lukeatme
21st Feb 2005, 21:21
Hey Rocket!

Has anyone entered from this site at all?

Rocket Rob
24th Feb 2005, 00:01
Hi Luke***

Sorry have had no contact with the named people,will on the weekend but that will be too late to answer you!!

Rocket Rob
24th Feb 2005, 06:48
TOO LATE!!!

Hi if you have not entered by now it is too late to get the inflight questions to you, but by all means drive on down to see a large amount of aircraft on this country strip should be interesting Day's outing Saturday & Sunday!!!!

Rocket Rob
27th Feb 2005, 04:37
Well it's come and gone all over for another year, seemed a pretty good event.!!

muddergoose
28th Feb 2005, 11:57
Last years event had about 90 aircraft involved. I didn't attend this turnout but I was informed this years event had very few aircraft involved, somewhere in the order of 35 approx.

Cinders
28th Feb 2005, 21:24
Perhaps the level of vitriol and spite thats shown on this site by those involved at Barwon had something to do with people not wanting to attend?

Rocket Rob
6th Mar 2005, 21:37
Cinders (is this short for cinderella cause it sounds like you are one of Dancing boys buddies)
Vitriol hell Cinders you do have a way with words.

Muddergoose

Anyhow I suppose it would not have been a bit of a low attendance because this years event was almost on top of the Airshow on this year? or the Grand Prix? because a lot of folks would have to decide when to spend the cash to suit all of the family's desires and this event may have been a bit of a lower priority.

But the folks that did attend seemed to have a good time!! I think you will find that if you can count we call anything that flies an aircraft so you can add about 15 trikes and other home made variants to your list.

Anyhow this Rally has come and gone but you can feel free to keep posting as we know when things are over so ta ta for now.

Cinders
7th Mar 2005, 12:11
Cinders (is this short for cinderella cause it sounds like you are one of Dancing boys buddies)

I'm hardly going to argue website nicknames with someone who needs at least one of his pseudonyms to be as powerful as "Rocket Rob". Those who know where "Cinders" came from will be giggling quietly over you suggesting me as a L.McW apologist.

Vitriol hell Cinders you do have a way with words.

Actually, Dad probably would have hit you with "Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc.". To fancy for me, I just calls 'em as I see's 'em.

(edit for crap spelling)(dho!)