PDA

View Full Version : Calibrate HP DeskJet 980 Printer / Windows XP?

rotorcraig
16th Feb 2005, 21:43
Sister has horizontal white bars spoiling her photos when she prints from her Windows XP machine to an HP DeskJet 980cxi printer.

I told her to look for Utilities / Calibrate somewhere within the Printer settings dialog, but she couldn't find one.

I took a look at her machine using remote VNC, and agree that there's a distinct lack of calibration utility. Did a bit of reading Google / Help and all the advice I found seemed to refer back to a Calibration utility that doesn't seem to appear on her XP driver installation.

Is anyone else out there using this printer on XP and able to advise?

Thanks,

RC

P.Pilcher
17th Feb 2005, 00:00
I know that this may sound stupid, but are the ink cartridges/print heads working correctly? This is the standard symptom indicating that some of the ink jets are blocked or have run out of ink. There should be a print head test facility in the printer utilities.

P.P.

rotorcraig
17th Feb 2005, 00:53
Agree; problem is can't find Printer Utilities!

RC

FJJP
17th Feb 2005, 06:47
Have you got the original cd supplied with the printer? If so, the head cleaner/print align/etc might be on it as a utility programme.

P.Pilcher
17th Feb 2005, 16:54
Again, I may be stating the obvious, but click on start, then printers & faxes, find your printer in the list and right click on this now click on properties then services. With a bit of luck this should give you, not what you may need, but the opportunity to clean the heads. Do this and you will then get a test printout which will indicate if you have a head problem. The only problem is that I am describing how to do it with an HP 895 CXI, so there may be differences once you get beyong the "right click" bit.

P.P.