PDA

View Full Version : Why Kununurra?

zepthiir
16th Feb 2005, 12:49
I have seen a lot of people post on here about getting that first job in Kununurra. I was just wondering what the big attraction is there?

Surely if everyone is heading there for that coveted first job then there wouldnt be much more oppurtunity there than anywhere else.

Could someone please enlighten me?
Thanks,
Zepth

Icarus2001
17th Feb 2005, 03:59
Have you done any research on the operators based at YPKU and how many people they employ during the dry season?

Taggert
17th Feb 2005, 20:53
Zepthiir,

see previous post. I'm sure there wouldn't be any place in Australia that could offer as many jobs as what only two companies in Kununurra do EVERY year. I'm sure the general consensus is that the Kimberly is an awesome place. A place where you get to see things that most people will only dream of seeing. Similarly I'm sure you'll find that remote area flying like this will be well looked upon on your CV, by future employers.

;)

Taggert

multime
19th Feb 2005, 05:30
Did zsome hard time in knx before my 1st break.sure there might be jobs, but the saying goes_shake a tree and youll get pilots.!
its not as easy as it seems.knx is very clicky,very expensive,plus there wouldnt be too many pilots who havent poured a beer or 3 before getting a break.however knx is beautifull,great fishing, and the kimberlys get my vote for one of the best places to fly.
goodluck:ok: