stev
16th Feb 2005, 11:46
any preporatory tips for the selection tests in jerez:{

RVR800
16th Feb 2005, 14:19
Bring a large cheque?

fastjet2k
16th Feb 2005, 15:33
Try this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154955&highlight=jerez+pilapt)

It gives some of the informatin regarding the test that FTE will put you through. Do not be fooled by others on this website, FTE will NOT automatically take you because you have the money/facility to get the money. One of the major selling points of this school, both to airlines and self sponsored cadets, is that they are very good at getting everybody through. People forget that if FTE starts accepting people who may fail, their reputation will cease to be as good (current pass rates are very high). This would certainly not be good for business.

I went through a separate airline selection scheme to get down here so I personally can't offer any help, if you want a view on the place though feel free to pm me!

Good luck

FJ2k

Ladylike
16th Feb 2005, 18:22
I dont agree with RVR800 at all, there have been quite a few threads on Jerez and each time someone has had a dig and i think its unnecessary.

I know a number of people who were unlucky at the Jerez selection, its not just a matter of the cash in your pocket because most here dont have it at all. If you have the ability and the potential then they will take you.

I have done the selection and if you want any specifics or info PM me and ill be happy to help.

LL

peterpann
17th Feb 2005, 14:51
Hi all

Could any of you guys & gals that have been down the old road with FTE shed some light on how you raised 60k......... eg did HSBC foot the lot or is there a limit that they will go to? Also if you did get funding from the bank how effective is the letter that FTE gives you in securing this "For successful candidates we summarise these results in an offer letter which can then be used as supporting evidence in any business plan when applying for finance."

Any CONSTRUCTIVE help is appreciated!

pete

CAT3C AUTOLAND
17th Feb 2005, 15:22
Peter,

I didnt do an intergrated course, however HBSC did help me to complete all my training. I worked for 3 years in the Aerospace Engineering indusrty in order to save approximately 3/4 of the monies required for the CPL/IR. On putting together a training plan in the form of a spreadsheet and providing HSBC with all my ATPL ground school results and evidence of being able to save a good few quid, they lent me money on the strength of all this. I should also add, I was also an existing customer.

I must admit I was very impressed with the service that HSBC offered, all I have to do now is pay it all back!:{.

Having the little blue book issued with the IR in it is certainly worth it :D.

peterpann
18th Feb 2005, 15:00
Thanks CAT3C

If I don't/can't get the 60k for FTE I'll have to go modular..... maybe not so much a bad thing as I have a good job at the moment lots of free time and well paid too. Hopefully though because I can earn now, what I would be expecting to earn after getting fATPL they won't see me as so much of a risk plus I have been told that if I leave they will take me back.............

anyone at FTE ever got a loan from HSBC for 60k secured or unsecured?????????