PDA

View Full Version : Trial Exam Centres & Photo ID Rules

Alex Whittingham
16th Feb 2005, 07:41
New Trial Exam Centres

I’m pleased to say the CAA have announced that the following venues in and around Manchester will be used as well as the normal exam centres for ATPL sittings in May, June and August. Each venue can accommodate 60 candidates.

May and June Sittings 2005

Britannia Airport Hotel
Palatine Road
Northenden
Manchester
M22 4FH

August Sitting 2005

De Vere Darsbury Park
Chester Park
Darsbury
Warrington
Cheshire
WA4 4BB

New Rules on Photo IDs for Exams

As from 1st April 2005 the only photo ID that will be acceptable for all candidates sitting examinations will be a Passport, Photo driving licence, Forces ID card and photo Airport ID. In cases where the above are not available the CAA will accept a photo Company ID, photo Union ID or a photo signed by the training school.

Any candidate that arrives for an exam from 1st April 2005 with no photo ID will not be permitted to sit examinations.

LFS
16th Feb 2005, 07:43
Excellent news that the CAA have finally recognised a lrage number of students are based in the north of England. I know I will certainly be making use of that later this year.

YYZ
16th Feb 2005, 08:14
Lets hope everyone makes use of it or it will be gone again:(

YYZ

RVR800
16th Feb 2005, 10:52
All we need now if for the exam(s) to be done on-line at a time (and place) of the candidates choosing...

An integrated exam would be good so that all the knowledge is not disaggregated. i.e. CPL-HP&L, IR-HP&L etc etc

That may make the aural tests on the IR test superfluous
because candidates may have the required (integrated) knowledge...

:eek:

helicopter-redeye
16th Feb 2005, 22:03
Bloody excellent! Recognition for the North at last (no more 200 year drive to Silsoe).

Thanks to all those who worked to "make it so"

h-r

:ok: :ok: :ok: