PDA

View Full Version : The QANTAS Hold File

C-FTR
14th Feb 2005, 21:45
Congrats to those who have moved recently off the hold file. For the rest of us still on it this thread can continue to be a source for information and rumours on upcoming courses as has been the case with previous threads like Oct/Nov and Jan/Feb courses. Best of luck to all!

happydriver
17th Feb 2005, 13:30
Heard rumours of a march course but dont know of anyone being called or anything...

It seems this topic has lost some if not most of its steam...wonder if most guys monitoring this thread have either gotten the job or are just about had it with the waiting!!(me included).

cheers:ok:

Listening Watch
18th Feb 2005, 11:20
Hi

My ref checks are finally underway after waiting 11 months since the start of the process.

Was speaking to one of my referees last Friday and he just lost an FO to Qantas that day. Ref checks and job offer within 10 days with a 9th March start date.

Now the agonising wait to a start date. Fingers crossed. :ok:
LW

Wanikiba_pilot
18th Feb 2005, 22:53
Hi All,

Still waiting. Fingers crossed.
Ref checks two weeks ago. Criminal history paperwork and pic of teeth submitted.
No word. Just waiting for the phone to ring. I have not heard anything about courses/start dates except for whats been posted already, but thought I would submit recent activity to compare notes and show similarity in their 'apparent' procedure.

WP

removalist
19th Feb 2005, 06:17
I was the luckiest guy in OZ last week being called for a start date on the 8th of March. Such an amazing feeling to have the dream come true! Had my references checked 2 weeks ago. Interview/Sim in November (2nd time round). Heard of 2 others on my date and one on the 7th. So looks like another decent size course...Good luck to all on the hold file and doing testing, hope to be boozing with you soon!

rem

TurbineDreamer
19th Feb 2005, 08:07
Congrats on all who have heard or are nearly there. Wondering if you guys can lets us know what sort of hours you have. Just trying to see what hours they might be looking at.

cheers

HIGH n MIGHTY
19th Feb 2005, 10:26
TurbineDreamer, hours mean very little it seems provided you have the requirements outlined. My course (few years ago now) had guys from 4000 hrs through to 750. Out of the 8, 7 were from GA (KingAirs,Chieftans,Saabs,instructing) and 1 cadet. Providing the requirements are met I think its just a profile that they are after. A few mates of mine have recently done the testing, including a mate with 2000hrs all instructing, very little twin time. Hope this helps

Listening Watch
20th Feb 2005, 10:13
Is it Qantas policy to normally ring all your references. Only one out of three have been checked as far as i know. Can it be a drawn out process or could they be happy with just one reference?

happydriver
20th Feb 2005, 21:45
Congrats all to you guys and girls who have a start date in March....happy to see more people off the hold file!! :ok:

LW they only ref checked one person also for me..but I dont know how much thats worth cause I was ref checked last May and still no call unlike the person you speak of above....so I guess its still a mystery as to how they recruit but I'm still happy to be waiting!

Removilist did they tell you which aircraft type you'll be on mate?....you must be over the moon!!!....

Cheers:ok:

removalist
21st Feb 2005, 13:13
G'day happy,

Yea mate absolutely over the moon, somewhere up there in orbit. No word on the type until day 1 apparently. There seem to be 3 days starting in March so maybe 3 different types? Hope to see you down there soon!!

beers
rem