PDA

View Full Version : A good Sunday for BMI Pax in AMS

A.J.Baker
14th Feb 2005, 08:31
British Midland: The BD103 arrived this morning on time from LHR 10:40 G-DBCD A319, latest addition to the fleet. Was STD 11:25 for LHR as BD104. After security check at the gate the passengers went on board, airplane got push backed and then went technical. Passengers left the clean area with vouchers to get something to eat. Plane fixed, passengers went on the plane again, but the security check was forgotten! Passengers were offloaded again. Through security again and onboard... After push back, the plane went technical again!!! Passengers were very angry! Again vouchers for drink/eat. New security check and the plane finally left 18:49.

Load Toad
14th Feb 2005, 08:56
God yeah man ain't life hard eh? It'd be so much easier if they just let the plane fly with a technical fault and didn't bother with all that security nonesense.

Kace
14th Feb 2005, 09:03
Isnīt, in AMS, the security check done immediately after check-in? So, as far as I know, disembarking passengers wouldnīt leave the clean area as long as they wouldnīt actually leave the building. Or are there extra security checks for UK flights?

surely not
14th Feb 2005, 09:15
Security was carried out at the gate immediately prior to boarding when I returned from AMS a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure if Schengen routes are treated differently

admiral ackbar
14th Feb 2005, 09:30
Whenever I fly from AMS back home to CDG, security is right after the check-in counters, before the shops.

srs what?
14th Feb 2005, 09:33
Maybe they meant a security search of the aircraft before PAX had boarded again.

Seloco
14th Feb 2005, 10:08
Interesting, this one!

Not long ago I started a thread pointing out how one major (unnamed) european hub had the farcical situation whereby one was relieved of anything sharp at check-in or the main security checkpoint, and yet one could then proceed to the airside McDonalds and load up with any number of serrated metal knives and forks and go straight on to a plane without any further checks.

Mysteriously my thread was deleted within a few hours, but I could not help but notice on more recent trips through Schiphol (for thus it was...) that (a) the metal knives remain at McDonalds but (b) gate security checks had been introduced in addition to the main one.

Could this be why yesterday's BD pax were required to be screened again? They all gone to spend their meal vouchers at McDs...........

EGBKFLYER
14th Feb 2005, 10:08
I had similar but not such lengthy problem a few weeks back with Cityhopper. Security was after check-in and again at the gate (a/c was on a remote stand - don'tknow if that makes the difference). When the delay was announced, they let us out of the dep lounge but we were checked again on re-entering.

Jetdriver
14th Feb 2005, 17:05
Seloco wrote :

"Not long ago I started a thread pointing out how one major (unnamed) european hub had the farcical situation whereby one was relieved of anything sharp at check-in or the main security checkpoint, and yet one could then proceed to the airside McDonalds and load up with any number of serrated metal knives and forks and go straight on to a plane without any further checks.

Mysteriously my thread was deleted within a few hours,......"

I do like a mystery. Particularly when it concerns the conspiracies here at the towers. ;) A quick search revealed the "mysteriously deleted" thread right Here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145939) on Spectators balcony. It was started on 24th November 2004 and received 8 replies on the same day. It then appears to have died a natural death. However it is still here if you look back far enough, or do a quick search.

Mystery solved ! :}

jettesen
14th Feb 2005, 18:06
some gates at AMS have arriving mixing with departing pax. MOre so D concorse. Arriving pax depart aircraft, and head up the escalators to go to arrivals. Departing pax also use the same floor as the arriving pax, then when they get to their gate, they go down the stairs to the gate., hence the security check at the gate.

DC10FAN
15th Feb 2005, 16:48
Load toad,

I think the point being made in the first post is that passengers have every right to be angry after boarding an a/c that then goes tech not once but twice before departure. Furthermore security procedures were not followed properly hence passengers were offloaded 3 times in total. Maybe you would be annoyed too?

Load Toad
15th Feb 2005, 19:55
Yeah I'd be annoyed. Not half as annoyed as I'd be if it all went wobby 35,000 feet up at 500mph though..