PDA

View Full Version : Computer logbook for my Ipaq

Dom Joly
13th Feb 2005, 22:19
Hi

I've been happily using Aircrew Logbook by Andersson Design http://www.andersson-design.com/aircrew/index.shtml on my home PC. I've tried most of the others and as a UK commercial pilot I think it's the best. Just a few minor changes I'd make but the automatic calculating of Day and Night hours is brilliant.

What I am looking for is either something that directly integrates from my PPC to the Aircrew Logbook or something that calculates Day and Night hours in logbook format. I know you can use the Outlook Express Calander on the Ipaq to do this but it's very rudamentary and only acts as a link rather than detailing your flying hour totals.

I've tried 'Logbook Pro' and 'Airline Logbook' but these are more geared toward light aircraft and U.S. style of logging hours. I need something that you can put in you off & on blocks and it does the rest including day and night hours.

What can you recommend? Is there anyone out there that is a bit of wizz with these handheld devices that has created their own program that they maybe interested in sharing?

Eager to hear from you......

Regards

No Mode Charlie
15th Feb 2005, 07:33
The fliteware logbook (http://www.fliteware.co.uk/) does all the automatic calculating you asked for, one little snag is that it does not come with a PPC interface....YET!

I know that that is being worked on though! It should be arriving shortly!

Dom Joly
18th Feb 2005, 12:19
Thanks No Mode Charlie,

I'll have a look at that. Do you have any affiliation with the designers? If so, any idea when release date will be for the PPC?

Anyone else any solutions/software?

Thank you

Man Flex 32.5
24th Feb 2005, 06:58
Hi Dom

Try www.*********.co.uk , you may already see the banner on this site. It works out everything you need, enter off and on block times and day & night time is automatically calculated. It also calculates duty hours, duty/ sector pay (including factored sector pay) even prints a neat cv for you. The pocket pc interface is under developement but watch the site, shouldn't be long.

MF