PDA

View Full Version : Fairford Airshow - A380?

Gareth Blackstock
13th Feb 2005, 16:55
Does anyone know if the A380 will be at fairford this year? What are the chances of it making an appearance?

Gaz

jettesen
13th Feb 2005, 17:59
I very much doubt it. It hasn't even made its first test flight yet, so its highly unlikely it will be kitted out before fairford

UPSAirOps
14th Feb 2005, 16:45
I imagine it'll be there one year - but Fairford isn't typically known for a/c used on domestic routes. Usually BA fly one of their a/c in, and I think I saw a KLM of some sort there last year, but typically I'd say it's more military.

Thunderball 2
14th Feb 2005, 17:05
UPSAirOps says

but typically I'd say it's more military

I'm nominating you as the Pprune Master Of Understatement. RIAT is, in fact, the world’s largest military airshow.

Airbus will have a very heavy flight-test programme underway for the A380 by July (and, incidentally, I'm assuming a typo in your reference to "a/c used on domestic routes" - A380 is about the last aircraft anyone (except the Japanese) would ever dream of using on "domestic routes"), but I agree with the sentiment of the thread - there is a lot of kudos to be gained by a flypast at RIAT. But inconceivable, I would have thought, that they'd deploy there for the show, even if they were welcome so to do, which I would doubt.

paulc
15th Feb 2005, 13:28
Far more likely to do a turn at LBG for the Paris Air Show in mid June