PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Rating.

naughtybutnice6792
13th Feb 2005, 11:11
I am probably going to do my Instrument Rating down in Bournemouth - the major schools I have found are PTC, BCFT, PAT and EPTA (cabair)
I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me their experiences with any of these schools (good or bad!)

Thankyou! Much appreciated.

Sky Wave
13th Feb 2005, 16:17
I'm doing my CPL with PAT at the moment having completed my IR last month. I'm very pleased with the training and I'd recommend them to anyone. Can't speak for the other schools although I do believe that one of the other schools pass rates are a bit poor.

If you want any more info on PAT feel free to email me.

SW

ritchyh
13th Feb 2005, 17:23
Hi

I did my CPL and IR with PAT down in Bournemouth and can't speak highly enough of them. I passed both CPL and IR first time because the instructors are excellent. Its only a small school so you get more of a personal approach rather than just being a number. They have a fantastic sim which is very realistic of the aircraft you will fly. I think most of their business is from word of mouth. I went with them because of a recommendation from someone who trained there. They aren't the cheapest you will find but the quality of training, aircraft and sim makes up for this by far.

PM me if you would like to ask me anything else about them.

Cheers

Ritchyh

carbonfibre
14th Feb 2005, 08:47
I agree with everyone PAT saved my bacon after attending lets just say a less than adequate training provider.

Would recommend them to anyone, mine was also a recommendation. Also there Sim is much more realistic to the aircraft than a lot of others you see about

happy flying:ok: