PDA

View Full Version : Nervous Flyers...?

TeleMaPhone
13th Feb 2005, 05:14
Everyone knows how nervous some 'first flight' passengers can be... And although the pilot feels confident about flying (and has the experience), it means nothing to the passenger... And they don't like the thought of being in a 'little tin flying machine' thousands of feet in the air... although once they're hooked, they're hooked...
The problem is how to 'convince' them to get into the plane to begin with...
Any good techniques???

Continental-520
13th Feb 2005, 11:51
I don't want to die either.

When you're ready, take a deep breath and climb in.

Sunfish
15th Feb 2005, 05:23
1. Chocolate.

2. Alcohol.

bulolobob
15th Feb 2005, 07:53
Crushed Aspro - Hold one tablet to forehead and give it a sharp tap with a hammer:ouch:

Pass-A-Frozo
18th Feb 2005, 07:19
Geez,
Haven't you seen the A team?? They always got BA Baracas (spelling??) on the jet!
:}

Pinky the pilot
18th Feb 2005, 09:46
Sunfish is probably closer to the mark than he thinks!!
'But seriously folks...' I once heard that Qantas occasionally runs a course for those who have a fear of flying. I'm not sure about the details ie free or costs involved etc but apparently the success rate in curing any fear(s) of flying are somewhere near 100%.
Whom one should contact etc; sorry but no idea.

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Obiwan
18th Feb 2005, 23:12
Geez,
Haven't you seen the A team?? They always got BA Baracas (spelling??) on the jet!
yeah - usually drugged....

RPPT
20th Feb 2005, 08:11
Taken off the Qantas web site;

I have a fear of flying, can you assist me?

'Fear of Flying' courses are conducted by a non-profit group in conjunction with volunteer Qantas pilots. Courses are held in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra. For more details, phone (02) 9522 8455.

ZK-NSN
23rd Feb 2005, 02:18
I aint gettin in no plane...fool!
I think they used horse tranq's to get him onboard. They dont make T.v like that anymore.

cornholeyo
23rd Feb 2005, 19:10
I love it when a plan comes together......

SkySista
2nd Mar 2005, 15:01
Courses are held in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra.

So what happens if you live in Perth or ASP??? :E

A long drive I guess.... i mean, they can't be expected to fly down for the course now can they???? ;)

VRB03KT CAVOK
2nd Mar 2005, 19:26
The A team used to get BA on the plane using hypnosis, whenever he heard the word 'eclipse' he fell asleep...

Useless trivia.

Avgas172
2nd Mar 2005, 23:16
Lets face it Sista, if you live in Perth you don't got no choice, it's either fly or 40 days by camel train (now what would you be more worried about) LOL :suspect:

7gcbc
5th Mar 2005, 07:09
for all your Mr T jibba jabba needs

http://mrt.sciamachy.net/jibbajabba/

ah the boredom of work and the the wonders of Google........

my personal favourite:

"I ain't afraid to fly, and I ain't afraid of no monkeys either! "

enjoy

7gcbc