PDA

View Full Version : EI-PAK/OY-SET

400x
13th Feb 2005, 02:56
B727 msn 21245 flew out of SEN yesterday after having been parked for 3 years. The ex TNT freighter has been purchased by PM and operating under the 9L-LFD registration (Sierra Leone) trading as Destiny Air Services. It appears it is going into service on contract for DHL doing Freetown-xxx-Bahrain. Intrestingly enough, PM has a few other 727s currently impounded, one being in Harare (Mark Thatcher escapade) and the other being in Kabul.
Must be a few freight dogs that can tell a few tales about the old girl.

Regards 400x

GotTheTshirt
16th Feb 2005, 10:32
I do not think that the BAH CAA will accept an SL ( 9l) registered aircraft to operate commercially!:)

mutt
16th Feb 2005, 19:50
Plenty of 9L aircraft operating around here :)

Mutt.

rotary
17th Feb 2005, 21:12
I flew EI-PAK about eight years ago when it was operating for TNT. Call sign then was an appropriate "Nitro". Not quite the same as "Quality" of today. It was the first a/c I flew to have T-CAS. I can remember playing with it to overtake other slower flying airplanes. Airplanes like, pretty much every civilian thing out there. A little bit more than .86 and the thing would tuck her nose down and just clip along.
Memories, alas. Now I am lucky to see .80. On a good day.

HZ123
18th Feb 2005, 15:44
There are five 727's at SEN at the moment, all airworthy two waiting to go and three in ATC Lasham.