PDA

View Full Version : Is Freedom still short of type rated pilots

Kanger
12th Feb 2005, 15:31
Is Freedom still short of type rated 737 pilots e.g. are they actually looking for pilots or are some of their routes being flown by ANZ to cover any gaps in crew levels?

Thanks
Kanger

Cloud Cutter
12th Feb 2005, 19:58
There are certainly Air NZ pilots flying Freedom aircraft from the callsign slip-ups I've heard ('New Zealand....Correction Freedom 123'). I think you'll find Freedom are always short of pilots, especially now it's become a backdoor to big bro.

piontyendforward
12th Feb 2005, 20:07
Air NZ pilots are flying one Freedom aircraft only ZK-NGA (ex AIR NZ Pacific) to assist Freedom pilot numbers during Freedoms transition to the A320. This planned to finish as the entire B733 Freedom operation move to the A320 toward the end of this year.

Freedom looking for A320 type rated pilots?

BCF Breath
13th Feb 2005, 07:11
Er, I wouldn't expect it to finish this year.

Maybe 2006.

The 737 Fleet (Air NZ) will have all type rated pilots doing a fair share of Freedoms flying from May '05.

Yes they are still short. I understand that Air Nelson have about 4 with Freedom interviews soonish. And that's not counting the newbees that have Air NZ interviews.

propaganda
13th Feb 2005, 17:02
BCF B.. I wasn't aware you could apply directly to Freedom, maybe the Air Nelson 4 have special gifts.....

BCF Breath
13th Feb 2005, 17:58
Nah, you just apply via Freedom (well I think you do) you still go through the Air NZ crunching system then get spat out for a Freedom job. (and a $30,000 bill)

Do a few months in Freedom then transfer across to Big Brother.

Quite a common path and well worn.

The Air Nelson chaps probably don't feature too highly on the matrix that Air NZ use to select their drivers.
Probably don't have a degree or 5 Bursary subjects or not the best 6th form cert results, as if those things even exist these days.
I'd like to know how many wide body Captains have School Cert!

propaganda
13th Feb 2005, 18:16
BCF B.
Air NZ weren't interested in my 25m swimming cert either.. ;)

Kanger
13th Feb 2005, 20:58
Thanks fellas for the info.
cheers
Kanger