PDA

View Full Version : Security Checks & Interviews

Soulman
10th Feb 2005, 21:36
Hey guys,

Although I'm only 18 and I know I have a long way to go yet, I was wondering what effects things such as speeding tickets have when it comes to a job interview. Obviously they will be revealed in the security checks, but I was wondering if the airline uses this to your disadvantage? :ugh:

A friend also mentioned that speeding tickets have an expiry date - i.e you retain your demerit points - any truth in this?

Cheers,

Soulman.

tinpis
10th Feb 2005, 22:24
Your career is fried young man.
I couldnt imagine any respectable airline hiring anyone villianous enough to be caught speeding.
Tsk tsk baaaaaaad boy.http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/index_files/nono2.gif

*Lancer*
10th Feb 2005, 22:56
3 years to get your points back from the date of offence.

Won't mean a thing. Just be honest if they ask you! I'm not sure a private company can access the specifics of your driving record anyway.

Lancer

Soulman
10th Feb 2005, 23:02
Thanks guys - now the really hard part - trying to explain $333 worth of fines in a single trip to my Dad. :\

Not sure if I'll even live to see an airline job if the old man is having a bad day when I tell him! :sad:

tinpis
10th Feb 2005, 23:39
:p

Never mind when you make the inevitable move to the NT you can go as fast as you like on the open highway.
Bloodybewdy mate no checkin speed signs no lookin for cameras no looking out for cops just bloody GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Soulman
11th Feb 2005, 04:35
Ha! Well, until I make the move to NT (probably late '06), I'd better be on my best behaviour! :p

Sat right on my 100km/h today - except when I overtake that w*nker in the blue Falcon at $1.20! :}

Just kidding!

Cheers,

Soulman

Wanikiba_pilot
11th Feb 2005, 14:30
I know US carriers dont like to see more than one ticket in the last ten years. They see fines as "lapses of judgement!!" Its another thing they can bring up at an interview and needle you for.

I havent heard of Aussie carriers doing anything like that. So just be honest if asked.

I know that the Victorian licenses get points back after three years, but when I got the record extract I found records of a speeding fine I had ten years ago! HHmm, so much for my record being purged after a certain time!

The Enema Bandit
11th Feb 2005, 22:24
So Arsoulman, don't tell me. You've got a hotted up Commodore with illegally lowered suspension, a seat back that doesn't sit up right, a boom box that goes thump, thump, thump, a V8 that throbs, an ugly girlfriend, a piece of your anatomy that also throbs and you wear a beanie.

tinpis
11th Feb 2005, 22:47
Hes got one of these?

http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93612&stc=1 http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93613&stc=1 http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93615&stc=1

Soulman
12th Feb 2005, 00:07
Sorry Bum Bandit - I do have a Commodore. 1991 VP Sedan. It has standard everything - even a miscoloured bumper due to a small incident. :}

No V8, no broken seat backs, no CD player (I'm restricted to AM radio and a cassette deck that seriously distorts anyone's voice), no beanie...

But mate - the girlfriend... Sen-f:mad:ckin-sational ;)

I couldn't care if I drove a horse and cart - and neither could she!

As for the throbbing piece of anatomy - need I say more? :p

Cheers fellas,

Soulman.

CockpitJunkie
12th Feb 2005, 14:05
The new CASR parts (replaces CAR 1988) coming in 2005 will deal with "transport related offences".

This sort of replaces the "fit and Proper person" which was vague to say the least.

If you have a repeat history of transport related offences (road, rail, water craft) then it shows a disregard for safety and you may not be able to hold a flight crew licence under the regulations.

New checks are also being done by ASIO, AFP and DIMIA, so there are more ways to keep people out of the system.

I believe in USA they take it a step further and if you lose your motor vehicle licence or get a DUI, you automatically lose your pilot certificate for the corresponding period.

The Enema Bandit
13th Feb 2005, 09:20
I knew it. A Commodore. Obviously you let your girlfriend drive otherwise you wouldn't have a miscoloured bumper and if you could stop her talking (or does she nag like the rest of them?) the radio wouldn't sound distorted.
So the girlfriend's a bit alright hey? Got any nude photo's of her to share with your fellow PPRUNER's???

Poita
17th Feb 2005, 08:55
Yes this is an interesting topic. How much info can regionals and other airlines find out? How much access do they have? Is it only convictions that pop up in their searches or do speeding fines or even parking fines come up as well? If anyone knows a copper or even better still a interviewer would they be able to enlighten us? Thanks in advance... and stay outa trouble:ok:

Swoit...