PDA

View Full Version : Leeds Flying School

flaps now
10th Feb 2005, 18:23
Look at this place for my CPL / Multi IR etc etc... Anyone got any comments.

Ta

Phil

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 19:01
I know a friend who learnt there, generally good comments. some small probs which i think they have acted on. the a/c are ok, i think im right in saying they only have one twin now...

LFS
10th Feb 2005, 19:08
we actually have two twins now. We retired one last October to use as spares and the replacement arrived 3 weeks ago.

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 19:27
my appologies. i am going of info from a few months back. flaps now-overall,my friend had good comments abt leeds.

Maude Charlee
11th Feb 2005, 19:04
Friendly and competent instruction. Nice atmosphere to the place a little more like a flying club than the big, impersonal production line that is OAT and the like, so at least people are prepared to listen to you if you have a problem or a suggestion.

Aircraft seem OK - the twins are currently not standardised in terms of instrumentation (very minor issue I know), but I understand this is in hand for the near future. Only thing to be aware of, is that the type used (GA7) has no icing protection system, so flying may be occassionally wx limited when other a/c types may still be flying quite happily.

Can't comment on the CPL course as a whole, but definitely a good place for renewals or additional ratings.