PDA

View Full Version : Any one starting at PGT in March?

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 13:30
I believe all is said in the 'topic' heading.

Patty O'Doors
10th Feb 2005, 15:14
I for one don't follow you G-Spot, perhaps you could be a bit clearer :confused:

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 15:25
I'll repeat the question! Is any one starting at PGT in march?:confused:

Patty O'Doors
10th Feb 2005, 16:21
Sorry G thought you were being funny, have you decided on a place yet??

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 17:18
yer, PGT. Had a look around there on two occasions, a visit for any one looking at schools is recomended. every one has different requirements etc but for me its ideal.

troy_99992000
10th Feb 2005, 18:22
Hi,

I May very well be going in March. Still have to confirm. I visited them a while back and was impressed with there training schedule etc. there all X-Oxford instructors. I know a chap that went to Oxford and as far as he is concerned there are the best of the bunch. I’m a little concerned with the accommodation issues, but that seems to be a problem everywhere – especially Oxford! Having said that, the Agricultural Collage up the road seems pretty good, but it’s not long term. Anyway let me know if you know anything about accommodation in the area of PGT etc, or PM me.

Cheers

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 19:06
troy, i have looked at r.a.c, although the guy who showed me around didnt seem to now wat i was looking for ( kept showing me the bar and where to have weddings!) i think it was much better than oxford, cheeper to. i am planning to stay a month or so then rent with some one on the course if the price is right!

If you have not yet done the assement its worth doing. the feedback on it is great.

troy_99992000
10th Feb 2005, 19:12
Assement? Do PGT do an assement for Ground training?
Can you tell me more about it?

Cheers

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 19:24
yer, its nothing to indepth, a basic math test. lateral thinking, you do a 15min lesson with one of the instructors, then get asked a few question to see if you have taken in the info.

one of the reasons they said they were doing it was to see if they think u will pass the exams and acheive your ultimate goal, what ever that might be. the chap i did the test with was an ex ba captain, he was happy to sit and chat about what it was like to fly for an airline even though this had nothing to do with the test itself.

i felt very welcome down there, the instructors/mangers/directors etc all talked to me and i wasnt shown around by a receptionest as happened to me at one school.

troy_99992000
10th Feb 2005, 19:34
Yes G-Spot, they are a nice bunch. Hopefully I’ll finish my PPL before March and see you there! Are you staying in the Agricultural collage?

Cheers

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 19:36
I am trying arrange it at the mo. good look with the PPL, how much further have u to go?

troy_99992000
10th Feb 2005, 19:40
I’m just training for my Mock PPL flight test, then they’ll pass me for the real PPL flight test. The weather is pretty bad and bumpy at the moment and I’ve got to brush up on a few things! Have you done your PPL flight test recently?

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 19:43
aurgust, although i did have a total of 9 canx tests due weather, my instructor braking the plane, illness etc! i was going mad!

u dont do anything special, and unless ur really bad u wont fail!

GOODLOOK!