PDA

View Full Version : Decisions

stev
10th Feb 2005, 12:22
I Have a bit of a problem, I dont know wheather to accept a place in Jerez Integrated course or take a place in Aero Madrid. The only thing thats really attracting me to Madrid is the A320 simulator and you get alot more hours

wbryce
10th Feb 2005, 12:31
go with the one that offers you more hours/more training...

at the end of the day you will have the same licence what ever school you goto.

(p.s. have you visited both schools? perhaps choose the one that feels better?)

su37_driver
10th Feb 2005, 12:32
Jerez is host to the best integrated course. Finished with them along time ago (indeed it was run by different management then) and went straight into a job.

My nephew just finished with them last year and walked straight into a job at BA (if you have the requirements) under the SSP scheme.

But the choice is yours, i believe if you have the money go to the best school on this planet (in my humble opinion - please dont start flaming and start a discussion on good schools)

:ok:

Atlanta-Driver
10th Feb 2005, 14:05
su37_driver says:

(in my humble opinion - please dont start flaming and start a discussion on good schools)

Thats probably the dumbest comment I have ever seen outside jetblast on this website... What have y been smoking.

Naturally you discuss every aspect of a school regardless of the reputation. Decisions one makes cost money and if they prove wrong, well needless to say more

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is not true. Every coin's got a reverse side.

African Drunk
10th Feb 2005, 16:58
Jerez over aeromadrid any time.

Jodiekeyz
13th Feb 2005, 10:31
Jerez everytime.

Thats probably the dumbest comment I have ever seen outside jetblast on this website... What have y been smoking.

I do believe you are the only one making the dumb comment..lol..perhaps you should check what you're smoking?..lol..i guess SU is just trying to put across a genuine point!

stev
15th Feb 2005, 11:27
thanks all,
headin over next week it'll be jerez for me:ok:

BigAir
15th Feb 2005, 14:53
My nephew just finished with them last year and walked straight into a job at BA (if you have the requirements) under the SSP scheme.

I am sure he just strolled in there... no selection or nothing, as after all Integrated students walk on water.... get real, If he is your nephew and did indeed get in, then he will tell you about the SSP process, the success rate of it etc. Otherwise he is an ex canned cadet from post 9/11 and still had to have an interview and JOC course before getting an offer of employment, on top of the selection he did back then.

I can garauntee you no one walks into a job with BA via SSP.

As for Jerez vs Aero Madrid - I didn't go to either, but my feeling was with only 2 english courses at aero madrid, their course tkaing 2 years instead of 15 months and them perhaps not being so well known and connected with the airlines put me off.

BigAir

Jodiekeyz
16th Feb 2005, 03:20
I can garauntee you no one walks into a job with BA via SSP.

Off course not! I don't believe SU was implying that but obviously you have a axe to grind.

I work for the mentioned airline that runs the SSP program and its tough to get in but people do get in...live with it Big and yes some people fly through the process because they have got the ability so to them its like walking straight in after flight school...deal with it.

:=

Reds Blues Greens
16th Feb 2005, 15:29
walked straight into a job at BA (if you have the requirements) under the SSP scheme

Whether SU was implying that one could walk straight into a job with the correct requirements, in terms of ground school average, etc. or with the correct requirements to meet the airline's criteria during selection, I think that BigAir makes an important point.

I think those kind of statements can be misinterpreted by those looking at choices of schools. Certain training organisations may be able to provide the opportunity to apply to certain airlines, but there seems almost always be some form of selection before being offered the place.

fastjet2k
16th Feb 2005, 15:43
No matter what school you go to, you're going to have to go through a selection process. No airline is going to take you simply on the recommendation of the flying college, whether it's Jerez or Aeromadrid. However, the connections between FTE Jerez and the airlines are well proven, many of us having jobs/job possibilities already before finishing the course. I'm not going to suggest that everybody who comes down here will get a job because of where they studied, the point has already been made that you do have to have the ability. However, FTE will give you all the tools you need to make the most of that ability and can then offer you to airlines based on their proven reputation.

I've not been anywhere else, I've only ever studied at FTE, and I've no doubt that Oxford graduates, or Aeromadrid graduates could pick out things about their respective colleges that may make it better. All I can do is give my own humble opinion, but I have to say that it is one shared by a large number of people within the aviation world, not just by FTE students/graduates, but most importantly by a large number of airlines.

Besides, it's sunny and warm here and the bar is remarkably cheap :O

FJ2k