PDA

View Full Version : Ex YUAS and Sheffield Uni?

Roland Pulfrew
9th Feb 2005, 16:37
Were you a member of YUAS? Did you study at Sheffield Uni?

Sheffield University is celebrating it's 100th Anniversary this year. As part of the celebrations the OTC, UAS and RNU are having a dining-in night (to take place sometime in November).

The University is trying to get as many ex-UAS (OTC and RNU) personnel to attend as possible but places are limited. If you were a member of both YUAS and Sheffield Uni and are interested in attending, you know where the Sqn is now - get in touch. [Unfortunately the Sqn records would appear to have disappeared/been archived following the move from Doncaster Maid Marion London Sheffield Trent Valley Airport:rolleyes: aka Finningley].

Wee Beard
9th Feb 2005, 21:11
Thanks for the heads up! YUAS is now stationed at Church Fenton. The move from Finningley occured in 1995 I think.

Great days......

ps: do you have a contact name or number for the organisers?

Roland Pulfrew
10th Feb 2005, 13:43
Start with the Sqn. I understand places for the UAS and URNU will be limited (something to do with membership being smaller when compared to the OTC) so it will be first come first served.

PPRuNeUser0172
10th Feb 2005, 17:19
Ahhh YUAS, a lame excuse for a UAS, the boys from woodvale could drink much more beer and go the bathroom much less often than you crazy guys........;)

AdrianShaftsworthy
10th Feb 2005, 21:18
Ah yes , but we still used to 'monster' all your women during summer camp. Memories of nurses and trainee teachers from Ruff Lane!Can't remember you winning the Reed Cup either!:D

Wee Beard
10th Feb 2005, 21:31
Concur Sir.

I too, have fond memories of 'monstering' the MASUAS (w*nk w*nk w*nk) women folk and destroying the hopes and dreams of the inept young pilots of the worst UAS in the system.

Dirty Sanchez, please wait while I pick a rib up off the floor - popped out for a second.

Don't close the UAS System down! Best times of my life!!!!

Wee Beard

PPRuNeUser0172
10th Feb 2005, 22:59
Oh P!ssy facial hair

We may have easy women (whats wrong with that?), a bit of a scally rep etc. At least we have a rep........what springs to mind when I think of YUAS............hang on give me a moment................errrm nearly there.................oh, nothing!!!

Never mind, just look at the quality number of guys and gals now on fast pointy/rotary/heavy things from the better UAS at Woodvale. Nuff said.

Yours

DS:E

Although, Monsieur Beard, I have to agree that closing the UAS would be a crying shame.

High_Expect
10th Feb 2005, 23:03
just remind ourselves how the song goes again......... 'oh we hate MASUAS, we hate....'

etc...

raytofclimb
11th Feb 2005, 18:12
Dirty Sanchez, let it go- it's only a laugh. We all fly to the same grade and join the same club at the end of it.

I'd be surprised if you have a brevet, and if you don't yet, you may remain in the training system long enough to realise that all the people you childishly slag off become your best and most reliable mates when the going gets tough. Then you don't care which UAS people came from cos it doesn't matter anymore.

Ray

PPRuNeUser0172
11th Feb 2005, 18:52
Dear Ray

I think you are taking me far too seriously, it was only a bit of harmless UAS banter with a colleauge. Why this brings into question my possesion of a brevet is beyond me.

Regards

Roland Pulfrew
14th Feb 2005, 06:22
Back to the top for a bit longer. If you do know anyone who meets the criteria but who might not read PPRuNe please let them know (why the wouldn't be reading PPRuNe is beyond me!!).

Hmmm. YUAS - no reputation??? :rolleyes: I don't seem to remember MASUAS having much of anything in the 90s. Didn't win anything anyway. "Yorkshire boys make more noise" and "If you come to Yorkshire we'll...............";) ;)