PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight

flaps now
9th Feb 2005, 16:11
Hi All

Multiflight at Leeds Bradford are on my short list of places to do my CPL / Multi IR etc..etc...

Anyone got any views on the place?

YYZ
9th Feb 2005, 18:55
Use the PPRuNe search function, there are some good and bad things said about them.
I have visited them very recently with a view to doing my CPL/IR there, I have been in the past and it was hard to impossible to get anything useful from them, the staff was unfriendly & extremely unhelpful! However, things do appear to of changed for the better, They spent quite some time with me after showing up unannounced, showed be around there facilities and put me in the sim for a go.

I think all in on minimum hours for the CPL/IR & MCC is approx £19200 ish.
It is now a viable option for me but I have not yet discounted Leeds Flying School, They are a smaller less glossy outfit but do seem more than capable of performing where it counts, Same sort of costs are involved.

The main problem for Multiflight is that they are all booked up until June, better book early!!

If you have not yet visited them, do.
PM me if you have any other questions that I may be able to help you with?

YYZ

BillieBob
9th Feb 2005, 22:14
upthere
And whilst they were doing that some poor sod of a student was probably sat waiting to get up in the air. And since you can have no way of knowing when this happened, whether there were any students present, what the weather was like or whether there were an serviceable aircraft available, you are "probably" a total ********.

VisaGeeza
9th Feb 2005, 22:33
BB - Can you clarify as to why you choose to use asterisks? Is it because of your poor command of the English language? or because you choose an anonymous forum to demonstrate your ineptitude as a human being?

YYZ
10th Feb 2005, 08:05
upthere

Lets have the comments backed up with fact shall we?
If you do a search you will see that I have not been a great fan of Multiflight, but I am aware of the improvements they appear to of made, I did interrupt some students on the sim but did not in any way cause a problem.

Do you have any recent or relevant experience of Multiflight, or is it just good fun to sling mud about given the opportunity?

YYZ

flaps now
10th Feb 2005, 14:21
Thankyou all for your very "constructive" comments..

G-SP0T
10th Feb 2005, 15:07
My PPL instructor did his CPL/IR with them. he stated "I would never recomend them".

BillieBob
10th Feb 2005, 15:48
VisaGeeza
Can you clarify as to why you choose to use asterisks? No, because I didn't choose to use asterisks. They were inserted by the Pprune software, which apparently didn't like the word that I typed.

Your question, therefore, was based on an incorrect assumption that you foolishly accepted as fact and, consequently, has no merit. Coincidentally, the same foolish error was made by 'upthere' when making his original intemperate statement. I wonder whether you might perhaps be related?

VisaGeeza
10th Feb 2005, 18:50
BB, my first guess was correct then!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They were inserted by the Pprune software, which apparently didn't like the word that I typed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because clearly you couldn't think of a substitute word - that's a synonym if you didn't know! but of course you will look up the word and claim to have known all along anyway :p

And, if PPRuNe software didn't lke your choice of word then that kind of reinforces my second guess about you!! :} :} :}

Fan Marker
10th Feb 2005, 21:05
Well, I did my CPL/IR at Multiflight last year and I found them to be very good.
The instructors were excellent and all the staff were professional and friendly. It was especially good that they have their own maintenance on site to keep the amount of AOG's to a minimum.
All very successful.

Frank Furillo
11th Feb 2005, 07:30
Oooooo I love a good arguement!!!!!!
Well I have been let down by Multiflight and its the best thing they ever did for me. I signed up for the ATPL Modular Course with them, went to the States, flew crappy aircraft paid £15000 up front, got 0 to 150 hours in 9 weeks, I have a FAA and JAA PPL/NR. I could have done this a lot cheaper by myself, but there you go. When I tried to book my advanced training I was told there was no room until June 2005, this was in September last year. They said they would get back to me, but they never did.

A friend who went a few weeks ago has told me that he is in a 20 year old Piper Warrior and they have space if I wanted to go early! He has flown only twice in two weeks, lucky him.
I am rather glad I am going back to the states next month.
Multiflight charge £15000 on their website for the CPL/ME and IR plus all test fees etc, so the true cost will be more, I can do that for less in the states.
I cannot comment on the instuctors at Multiflight as I have never seen one, the only time I have been there was to give them my money, I don't like the Idea of giving a Flight School a large sum of money up front.
Good with your training.
FF

YYZ
11th Feb 2005, 08:02
Frank,
Sorry to hear about your problem but the part you did is not the CPL/IR in the UK but a step towards, I agree about the money though, I would never pay that much up front, only enough to stay in credit, I would go elsewhere if they asked that from me.

I am in mid decision between LFS & Multiflight, I really do not know what to do, Both have good and bad comments on Prune and both seen OK during the visits.
I feel fine at both with no real bad vibes & the costs are very similar?

How do you make the choice, Might be flip a coin time soon....
Any recent students of either school out there with suggestions that could help would be great!

YYZ

African Drunk
11th Feb 2005, 08:35
Have a look at aeros, bristol and airways at exeter you don't seem to get bad comments about them.

YYZ
11th Feb 2005, 08:52
I agree, but I want to stay in Leeds to save on living costs.
Why travel if there is no need?

YYZ

Northern Highflyer
12th Feb 2005, 10:54
As a student with Multiflight I can't say as I have any major complaints about them. I had heard all the bad things before going there, things like being "just another number", they are arrogant, etc, but those comments have proved unfounded in my experience.

Yes they have a couple of old warriors, but they are well equipped and looked after. They also Have two Beech Duchess, again old but up to the job. I have found the instructors to be friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They put points across in a constructive manner and offer some good guidance.

I was there when YYZ had a look round the place and none of us "poor sods" lost any training through the fact he had a "quick go" in the sim. There are currently aroung ten students at various stages of CPL/IR training, and all seem happy enough to me. We all get on well and there is a good atmosphere between us.

The only two things I would comment on are the loss of the sim for three days when the MCC course is running but there's not a lot we can do about that and the chances are you might not need the sim at that time depending on where you are in the course. The other is that there is no weekend training available. While this is a little inflexible (not sure if others offer this anyway) they do not hide this fact and it's something you accept from the start if you go there.

As for the guy who "only flew twice in two weeks", I sympathise as I have had some of that too. I would suggest that this was due to the weather though, and not because there were too may students or a lack of aircraft. Oh, did I mention that on one particularly good day I flew three trips and completed about four hours of training ?? Not bad for Leeds in November so it's horses for courses, when the weather is good they fly the wings off the aircraft.

I passed my CPL first attempt and am well on the way with the IR having done 26 hours 3 weeks. I was VERY sceptical before I went to Multiflight but I now think I made the right choice.

I am modular CPL/IR so cannot comment on the Ab Initio version they offer.

NH