PDA

View Full Version : Mount Cook

splatgothebugs
9th Feb 2005, 09:21
Hi all just wondering if any of you are in the know on Cooks possible hiring state. Also its future and how much longer you think they may be hiring for?

Cheers in advance

splat:ok:

Speeds high
11th Feb 2005, 17:59
Splat, thought you were gunning for Wayne's job, not thinking of jumping ship. Things must not be well :p :p :p

Just winding you up mate

Cloud Cutter
12th Feb 2005, 19:53
In addition to splat's question, does anyone know the word on Q400 fleet replacement (Air NZ have options on 13 of them - are they planning to use them?)

splatgothebugs
13th Feb 2005, 06:49
Steedy on HIGH ON SPEED:p :p :p well said chap!

Got to think about lifestyle and what I want out of my life so Cook is very atractive.

splat :ok:

BCF Breath
13th Feb 2005, 08:03
Gossip on the ACARS is that the Sim installers are about finish a Dash sim in Aussie then head to the US to get another to be installed in NZ.
Where?? Beats Me!! Just a wanna-be rumour me thinks.

Cloud Cutter
13th Feb 2005, 19:17
:confused: You mean the Q1/2/300 sim? The one that the NSN engineers used in Toronto was being shiped to Melbourne. There is surposed to be another coming to Auckland - That's for NSN though, anyone know about 400s for cook?

Sqwark2000
13th Feb 2005, 20:09
Seems strange that they wont get a B190 sim because the no. of type in the REGION i.e S/E Asia, Australisia yet they will get a Q300 sim for a similar number of a/c in the region, and there is already one in MEL. A source in Flight Safety (Toronto) suggested a type requires about 50-60 airframes in a region to justify a sim installation.

I realise that Pt. 121 comp checks have to be done in a sim but wouldn't status quo of going to MEL be sufficient? They could use the money to get a B190 sim so decent recurrency training could be done, rather than remain compentent at 1 eng. inop procedures with 2 flights a year and they are both pass/fail flights. Atleast NSN get a day of practice in the sim before their check rides. Not sure about Cook.

As for the options on the Q400, those options are open for years yet, I wouldn't expect anything to happen straight away. Maybe see the settling in of the Q300 before going for fleet commonality.
(2 yrs to introduce, maybe 2 years to settle)

S2K

splatgothebugs
13th Feb 2005, 21:35
Your hijacking the thread:p :p :p :p

I guess regionals hiring all comes down to Air NZ continued hiring.

So whats the inside word on that?:confused:

S2K, you know as well as I do that you will never see a B190 sim over here espeacilly now that the beech is proving to be to small. Maybe there is something behind them getting a Q300 sim! Will EAG see the 200's in the future:ok:

splat:ok:

Sqwark2000
14th Feb 2005, 20:31
Will EAG see the 200's in the future

Yeah right :hmm: Maybe, but not in my time with the company ;)

I guess regionals hiring all comes down to Air NZ continued hiring. Whats the inside word on that?

Have heard from various sources, maybe another 18mths at the current rate.

Without wanting to be seen to hijack the thread Splat, I heard last night that Mt. Cook had sent another "please update your details etc, including a copy of your Passport details" email. It was addressed to 8 addressee's (not to myself, of course!), of which, quite a few work for the same company.

S2K

Six Lima
15th Feb 2005, 06:26
How very delicate of you, S2K. I like it.:ok: