PDA

View Full Version : Sim training at CX for cruise S/O'sB744

QFinsider
8th Feb 2005, 09:19
Adopting world's best practice has meant the Class of XX running Flight operations have made all S/O's cruise only...

the premise put forward is that not allowing seat changes as per the reqiurement below 10,000 has meant that my junior colleagues, some with more experience than me are relegated to the role of airborne radio operators.

My question to the guys and gals at Cathay is in recognising that the cruise S/O doesnt touch the control and fly an approach, how is the recurrent training conducted?

For the purposes of comparison QF S/O do 4 cyclics a year, each with an NPA and a precision approach, which must be flown to CASA and company satisfaction, then in the time remaining a bit of training. The company will have two simulators off line in the forthcoming year, thus it leaves one functioning simulator for licence renewals and personal practice sessions!

The really scary bit is the first batch of upgrades whose approaches/circuits or other flying skills aren't deemed sufficient will be stamped as FAILURES!!:mad:

ltjng
27th Feb 2005, 08:53
Training mods? Are there any in CX? Do you reckon you are under training or under checking?:mad:

flydreamer
4th Mar 2005, 09:14
Silberfuchs

Could you tell us what Mod J&K for cadets?
Cheers